Here is an Idea I have

So here is an Idea I have…

Bubbles! Fun Party Bubble Time Face! =P

Here is an example I mocked up really quick after seeing a picture of a bunch of colored spheres. It’s way Busy and not sure if that is good or not. Does the layout need work? Do colors need work? How am I going to pull this off? I am thinking just how my photoshop layers are just a lot of cuts/extractions with transparent etc. Yeah should be fairly easy just tedious with all the layers and I have the Fill? Meter bar Elements already.

Any suggestions, please??

Hehe, an idea would be cool if it had actual bubbles floating around or that you could touch to pop. OR even if the circle/bubbles there now could kinda look like they are just slightly floating about. How would I do all this?

• W
3 Likes

That looks like it just jumped out of the psychodelic 1960’s. I’m sure it would be popular, but I don’t envy you trying to keep track of the layers to make it happen. :grin:

4 Likes

LOL! Indeed!!!

• W

Oh here is a Quote I just showed a friend on facebook:

JILL: lol The floating bubbles you could pop would get addicting

ME: indeed and you could just strap it to a kid and tell them to jump around until the 5k meter goes all the way up and pop the bubbles and they would be busy for hours!

5 Likes

Here is my go at bubbles.

If you want a bubble (picture) to float around (with the dependency of moving your watch):
X.position: (clamp((120+(accelerometerX()*15)),40,280))
Y.position: (clamp((90+(accelerometerY()*15)),40,280))

Play around with the first digits (starting position) and the factor for speed. And of course you create them in all kinds of sizes. The clamp is used to keep the bubbled within a position range.

If you want to interact with the bubbles, then you’ll need PRO features…

4 Likes

Hey Tom, I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong but the image just stays in the same spot…

This is my scrap work board =)

• W
1 Like

@wolfkazack If you are trying to move the transparent red Bubble with Accelerometer. You have lost you lins of code for X and Y. If you swap the image x and Y data dissappear. Sorry not my Fault. You will get used to that. Duplicate the layer then change the pivc on number two then copy an past the code… I think that is what happened eany way.

1 Like

The accelerometer function uses the gyro in your watch (if your watch has that feature), so the bubbles will only move when you move your watch…

If you want the bubbles to move around without making use of the gyro, then you would have to use some other function such as sin() and the time. I do not have that at hand, maybe worth checking the tutorial page.

4 Likes

Ahhhhh!!! I see Thanks TOM!! Very cool!

• W
1 Like

It gets worse, some watches has an accelerometer function, but others have a gyro type function and they react different between those watches. I believe the accelerometer will have what it controls move then snap back to the starting point. The gyro type will move and stay until you move differently. I “think” Tizen/Samsung uses accelerometer and WearOS uses gyro. It’s been two or three years since I messed with that and didn’t have very good luck doing it. Things may have changed by now.

2 Likes

Ahh I did not know this. My Tizen Galaxy watch 3 seems to allow the bubble to stay where put if you can hold it still. However, once you set the watch down or move your writs of course it goes to the bottom rather than starting point. But I can see this being a slight problem if the starting point is dead center. hmmm. Not sure what to do, ah wait I can offset where it starts by using off-centered bubbles, but I will play with this to see if I think it will work across both OSes. Either way, it’s very hard to get the bubble to move slowly rather than zipping across the screen with just a slight tilt. hmmm.

• W
3 Likes

I guess I’m lucky in that I have a Tizen watch and a WearOS watch. If you have that advantage, you can send the same face to both and hold them side by side and see the reactions of both. Like I said it’s been at least 2 years since I’ve played with that and didn’t get very good results, at least as my OCD butt goes. :grin:

3 Likes

@wolfkazack @tom.vannes . Here Is something I published on the subject . I have found that accel Raw Y is the best . The others drift back . My Galaxy Active watch has both Accel and Gyro . Note gyro inverts the Axes . Who designs that stuff . Software Engineers got to Love them .

2 Likes

Check this one out .
You do not have to put these on your watch to check them out . They will Sim on a the phone app .

3 Likes

Hehe! These are cool Rusty!!!

I like how in the first one the Stars seem to actually randomly drift about!

• W
1 Like

There is method there but it is difficult to see . If you just study one of the colours at a time and make a note of what they do . Sadly Gyro will not sim on the apps but the accel do . So Copy and pasting and sending to your watch for a proper test . See there is a line Melllin Magic . We are not sure if it is necessary these days it is a nod to the guy who first posted stuff about the sensors on the community . We are all sitting on the Shoulder of Giants .

3 Likes

Rusty, care to open it so I can take a look at the code? If so I will copy it to a few bubbles and play around with it and see how it works. But as it is now all the Stars float nicely as they are all except the Blue one, on my Tizen OS watch.

Or Rust if you like I can send you some of the graphics I have and you can come up with your own Bubble Face too. I have no issue with anyone using any of my graphics or such.

• W
2 Likes

Cool .Both those two Faces are open for Inspection . All my work usually is . Unless I forget . I have tried Bubble Stuff . I would be glad if you want to Direct Message them . Or just post them Here . Under 640 x 640 . I was always disappointed I could not get the X axis to HOLD . so Mainly these days I use accel Y for switching stuff and glinting diamonds . It is the only one that suits my OCD .

2 Likes

If anyone else wants to have this crazy bright Bubble face in 640 X 640 here it is in many layers in Photoshop format.

• W

bubbles watch faces for rusty.psd (3.0 MB)

2 Likes

Thanks! vey useful.

1 Like