Heya! Allen from Madrid, Spain

Hello! I’m Allen. 33 years old as of yesterday (December 9th, 2019) and I’m using a Samsung Galaxy Active 2.

Maybe a month ago I decided to buy my first ever smartwatch (from having not worn any watch at all for more than 15 years, it was quite a leap), and so the first time I turned the thing on it was like showing your grandad all your computer can do; sure it may not stick but he’ll sure be amazed xD
It didn’t take long for me to start downloading faces left and right, and, eventually, stumbled across Facer, where not only most faces already had all the info I needed on them (both battery indicators for phone and watch, temperature, etc), but I could also just create my own??? SOLD!
Now I’m planning to make some more elegant and complex faces (given that just now I also subscribed to the premium Creator), but I already made a few minimalist faces that contain exactly everything I would need throughout the day, while not filling the entire watch’s screen, nor consuming a whole heck of a lot of battery. I’ll leave a picture below as per the forum’s guidelines :stuck_out_tongue:

However, as per my ideas for a more complex watch face… I think I’m gonna need a little bit of help from the community, as I want to implement a couple of features that don’t sound like they would be a huge deal to implement, programming-wise, but I’m not yet very used to the whole “expressions” system Facer has going on.

Anyway… Glad to be here! Love smartwatches, love Facer, and for what little I have seen, I’m already loving the community (and support, as I’ve already had a close encounter of the 3rd kind with them). Cheers!

4 Likes

And so it begins! Congrats and welcome, face looks great, and don’t worry, there will be someone who can answer most questions you’ll have with the heavy lifting.

1 Like

Welcome to the community! :handshake::handshake::handshake::wink:

1 Like

Thanks to both!

I think I may be asking too much in support lol, seemed simple but I guess not :flushed:

1 Like

Hi @AllenMiquel, welcome to this nice community!

Greetings from germany.

2 Likes

Thank you!
I’ve been searching through the forums non-stop since yesterday trying to solve a problem with a design I’m having, and I’ve seen your name countless times by now haha. Great work with pretty much everything you post o/

1 Like

Thanks. I just read your other posting with the moving hands but i am afraid i can´t help you with that - i am poor in math and formulaes… but there are a lot other ones that will help you.

1 Like

Thanks for checking :slight_smile: Yeah no worries. As soon as I started tackling the problem I realised it wasn’t nearly as easy as I thought :roll_eyes: we seem to be very limited in what we can do/store as variables, so I imagine there is possibly a way, but it’s probably so convoluted it’s completely beyond me lol

1 Like

A very warm welcome and thanks for sharing how you came to be here and what you hope to achieve. I wish you all the best and don’t hesitate to call out if you need a hand - everyone here is very friendly and helpful.

2 Likes

Yes, it is limited although the var command can be used in a lot of nice ways.

One tip: you could toggle the x and y size of the hands instead of rotating with var.

2 Likes

Yeah that’s one of the ideas that went through my head when I started realising the idea was beyond me haha, but I wanted to keep things as realistic as possible.

Oh, in case you haven’t checked though, @mikeoday came to the rescue and in a snap of their fingers came up with an impossible expression that solved everything xD it works like an absolute charm!

3 Likes

Okay. Maybe @mikeoday could help you out, he is far fitter in math.

2 Likes

:slight_smile: @mikeoday is one of the mathemagicians here…

3 Likes

Welcome and start the dances :slight_smile: