Hiding hands in DIM mode

I know how to hide hands in the active mode, but is there a way to do it in dim mode? I have a watch face that has some complications on the dim mode side and I would like to be able to hide the hands.

And on the topic of using things in the DIM mode is it possible to launch apps in the DIM mode?

1 Like

Put Facer Creator in dim mode and uncheck the items you don’t want to see, just like everything else.

I have noticed that the control points do not show as active in dim mode and I assume they can be turned on to be active, but I don’t know if they would actually function or not.

3 Likes

@parbib
UPDATE: I just checked even though the touch point is active in dim mode, touching the watch screen just wakes up the watch instead of doing the touch point action. I tested it on a Fossil Carlyle with WearOS 2 and I would imagine that is how all watches will react to being touched while in dim mode.

2 Likes

So what I think I have to do is instead of a dim mode make a second active mode. I think that is what B# uses on his digital hybrids. And use an increment Plus to switch between the two. And then have a different dim mode. I would really like the watch face I just published to have the DIM mode actually have active points for apps. So the way to do that I guess would be to do a second active mode and deactivate all the first ones for the increment Plus switch. It will look like a dim mode but it’ll actually be a second active mode. I guess that means I’ll be adding a bunch more layers to my watches LOL :laughing:

But I like what B# does with his hybrid mode active. So I guess I was thinking I could do it in DIM mode when actually that was the wrong thinking, and really need to do a second watch face for the other functions I want, so that my main watch face isn’t cluttered.

2 Likes

Data Back . May I show you my Private watch . Centre tap for the data. This is unpublished . But it is inspectable . Please side load it if you wish .

Okay so you have two active screens and then the basic analog watch is your DIM mode, is that correct?

Oh by the way I can access the facer community on my cell phone but not on my desktop it’s just weird I don’t know what’s going on LOL :laughing:

1 Like

Yeah . I don’t ever use AOD . I put it on Faces as an exercise in Discipline . A few people are having Problems with the Platform . It will sort out . Some are switching to Fire Fox for the time being . All mine works fine. I just took the WIN11 update Today . All is good .

1 Like

you can also “park” hands which is pretty cool too. Press the “P” to park the hands.I have left this one inspectable.

3 Likes

Very . Nice .

1 Like

That’s actually quite a nice design there @kirium0212 :+1:
(AOD is very basic though)

1 Like

Thanks, it’s an oldie. Actually the AOD was quite tricky to make. Maybe in making it too hard for myself? I do miss that about Facer - no memory restrictions on what you can show in AOD. :joy:

3 Likes