How can i talk to a face creator?

Hi,
I needed to know how things are calculated and/or the source of the infos on my watch face (S1A | MND Primero Rayo, in this case) but i couldnt find a way to ask the creator.

Do you guys know how to talk to him or how “calories” and “distance” are calculated?
And from where does it get the weather infos? like city, temperature and humidity…

Thanks!
Regards,
Diego Napolitano.

1 Like

@diego.napolitano

The only thing you can do is Place a comment on the Download page for the Face and ask the designer there if there is any way you could have some further, Information .
Many publish watch faces that are inspectable . Some one might accept the challenge of making you a Bespoke designed Watch .
The answer is probably here to be honest.

I know that calories etc are calculated from the step count on your watch .
The weather comes from an Open Source Weather App contacted through your Phone .

S1A | MND Primero Rayo • Facer: the world’s largest watch face platform

Thank you, @russellcresser!
I will try the download page/comment approach.

The problem is even with step count right in sync now with samsung health, calories are a lot different from samsung health one.
And same goes for the weather: the weather app on phone and watch shows different location and infos from the face itself.

Thanks.
Regards,
Diego Napolitano.

1 Like

Yeah . There are differences on all these things . As for location Switch on the GPS on you phone and watch if it is important to you . Check the permissions so everything is connected up .

Yep, ive realized i needed the phone’s GPS on for it to work (almost) properly.
Still a slightly wrong location, but its better than nothing.

I will try now with watchs’s GPS turned off to see if it gets the location solely from the phone and, hopefully, the right one.

Thank you again!

1 Like

I can answer the weather question. Facer uses OpenWeather (https://openweathermap.org) for their weather source. OpenWeather does not use your “exact” location (no matter what your watch says) and just gives the region wide weather which can be different from where you are now.

1 Like

Great Stuff. Thanks for posting that again. Very usefull.
I am getting a Location to the nearest Town and the Sun Rise Sun Set Data is within a minute. Even the UK Met Office is not that accurate with the weather reports. I find Wind Speed and Direction pretty good. Well good enough to estimate what it might be like On the Beach.

Thank you, @mrantisocialguy!

One last question: ive downloaded openweather app on my phone and it automatically shows correct info and location about my weather.
But facer one keeps showing the wrong ones.

Even at openweather site, it gets a better result automatically.
Looks like facer is getting the info in a wrong/different way.

Do you know how it interacts with openweather api?
Maybe its just a matter of changing the api call to get a better/correct result…

Thank you for your attention!
Regards,
Diego Napolitano.

1 Like

The only thing you can do to improve the weather on Facer is you have to make sure your phone is not set to use power management (Adaptive Battery) where it closes “unused” background apps, or at least exempt the Facer app from it.

Next I’ve found that my weather updates more regularly if I open the Facer app 3 or 4 times during the day. There have been lots of times where I’ve looked at my watch and thought that the temperature was wrong, opened the Facer app, closed it and checked my watch and it be close to correct.

1 Like

Thank you for the tips!

1 Like

@mrantisocialguy
Seriously I think we need a MAGS MANUAL .
My hat is of to you the number of times I have seen you Respond Reliably on the Favourite Questions without fail .
Having said that , I have said to others this Community is about the here and now.
I thank you for being there .
I learn something Every Day .

1 Like

Almost everything I post I’ve picked up from searching the community. The rest I have taken from community posts and changed or altered in some way. Learning how others have done it before also allows me to make some of my own just from previous examples. Trust me, I’m not an IT type of person. I’m more of a Redneck engineer than anything. :laughing:

1 Like