How do I move the Animated starfish towards center?

Ok so Im trying something new and need to know How to move the Starfish inwards so I can make it bigger?

Thanks goes out to Andrew N Dowden for getting me this far in the rotating starfish. G Love - Trapped Inside The Watch - watch face for Apple Watch, Samsung Gear S3, Huawei Watch, and more - Facer

In order to help you I don’t know how to view Inspector Mode so I don’t know what you’ve done so far.

Presumably you’re using this formula (or a variation of it):

X-position:
(160 + cos((#DWFS# - 90) * ((pi)/180)) * 140)
Y-position:
(160 + sin((#DWFS# - 90) * ((pi)/180)) * 140)

The 140 is what controls the spacing from the center

Smaller is closer to the middle of the watch.

was using
(160+sin(-rad(#DWFSS#-180))*149.5)
(160+cos(-rad(#DWFSS#-180))*149.5)

Hmmm I’ll try that and see how it goes… Is the last number the deciding factor on how far in from the edge it is? or is it the -90

I really am still trying to learn this from literal noobie status haha

and thanks for the feed back

Its ok Linlay, Im sure one of the awesome guys ive been working with will chime in sometime today haha

They all know im taking baby steps in this learning process before I jump into anything crazy . And they have all been spot on in their suggestions of what to do next…These guys rock. Thx for responding :slight_smile:

@selia67,
These are my goto formulas for circular movement (not rotation):

X-position:
(((sin((((360-#DWFSS#)+45)/180)*pi))*140)+160)

Y-position:
(((cos((((360-#DWFSS#)+45)/180)*pi))*140)+160)

That 140 value in the formula is what sets the distance from the outer edge. 160 is right on the edge. I’m sure you already know that value in X & Y must be the same to maintain the circle. 140 for X 140 for Y, 120 and 120, 90 and 90, and so on…

I have inspection mode on below. Anything on the outer rim (like steps) of my 808 Thumper is using these formulas.

HTH,
John

2 Likes

Correct.

These are two in depth links I had associated with this topic in my cheat sheet/notes.

From the above link:

“For the black dot, it’s not that hard. You’ll use something like this (based entirely on Mellin’s explanations which explain what all the elements in the below formulas are):
x: ((33*(sin((#DWFMS#/180)pi)))+160)
y: ((140
(cos((#DWFMS#/180)*pi)))+160)”

Think of it like this… the X value above varies … the Sin function is what makes it vary. In this case, it varies 33 spaces which is why the orbit is narrow. the Y value is 140 (which is almost the length of the watch … 160) … if both X and Y were equal (the 33 and 140) it’d be a circle.

Sin and Cos alternate (one goes up while the other is down) so for future reference if you get a movement working with Sin that you like alternate it with cos but that’s for another time…

Anyways, the tag is what changes how often or what triggers it. DWFSS indicates Smooth Seconds as opposed to stutter stepping (like seen on 60 Minutes :D) Smooth Seconds makes the motion continuous.

And like before the last part is how far from the center. The smaller the value, the closer to the center.

Thank you I will look at this when I get home tonight

Thank you for the clarification. …I’ll check it out when I get home

Love your cheat sheet notes lol thx