How do I pick up a lot of followers?

Hey gang. I am curious. I have been designing faces on here for 5 and a half years, have published almost 4,300 faces yet only have 1.7k followers. But I’ve noticed some people have twice as many followers and only have a few hundred faces published. And a lot of their faces are nice but very simple (mine are mostly simple too). That is where I’m puzzled. How does a person get the big-time followers?

2 Likes

With all respect Sir it is not about Volume. I have less than half the followers in over two years. I think this is normal for a Hobby Maker. You should study the work of the Mega Makers and the Up and Comming Stars. See the kind of work that gets Into the Charts. Look at the work of my Friend Alberto Lorenzi @alsx65 .
With the greatest Respect a lot of your Faces are a Picture with some numbers on them. There are a lot of Makers who do that. You have to Make something Unusual or Stunning Rendering work. Otherwise you are in the same Club as Me. If you stop enjoying Making Faces just give it up .
I would like you to carry on.

2 Likes

Sadly I have unfollowed you because of your Publication Binges. I mesns I miss others. I can change that.
Just for example of a different kind of face, I would like to help you animate this one. I Love a Smiler.
We could cut out the eyes and have them rolling or Following the Wearer with the Motion Sensors
Make a bit more of that smile as a Power gauge. May be with some goofy teeth.
These kind of faces are not extremely populular but it might get into the charts and show your followers some versatility.
I would be intrested to know how many syncs it has already.

PS did you Draw that Face from Scratch ?

Jolly nice Hands BTW. Show them off a bit more.

3 Likes

It’s a rough road. @russellcresser is right that you need to be more…unique? Go for quality over quantity too. People like animated things too as Russ said, so work on that. My advice would be to make sure your designs are clean and easy to read, with animations that make sense or look cool and dont annoy the viewer. Try different styles and try combining diff styles. This will help you create your OWN style that people will follow you for.

Good luck and keep it up!

4 Likes

Thanks for the tips everyone. Greatly appreciated. Happy Thanksgiving! :grin:

3 Likes

I just got that pic off the internet. That style watch hand is one of my favs. I never learned how to animate. But now that I’m retired, I’m going to dig in. :grin:

3 Likes

Have you got a graphics Package you can use to delete areas of images. Most have an Air Brush Pen. You need something to draw straight lines and stuff like that . Myself or others can help you to find a package if ther is any thing I could do in the meantime. If you can post images her. Or let us extract them from your work by posting Inspectable links here.

2 Likes

You see on this one you could have a ball rolling round the dial.and landing randomly on one of the Hour numbers. Fête du jour.
My Friend Gizmo @icrltd4 has made a very nice Roulette Wheel face that is Inspectable. He would be delighted to know it has helped to expand your repetoir.

2 Likes