How to change a sequencer during day/night

I have 2 different gifs that I want to use as backgrounds (one during the day, one during the night).
I don’t see an option to use tags in the sequencer opacity setting to use #DISDAYTIME#… or maybe I’m not using it right.

Does anyone know how to let me use 1 gif as a background during the day and have it change to the other gif during the night?

1 Like

Maybe you can try

Daytime Gif Opacity:
$#DISDAYTIME#==TRUE?100:0$

Nighttime Gif Opacity:
$#DISDAYTIME#==TRUE?0:100$

Sorry answering from my phone and can´t check at the moment

:slight_smile:

1 Like

Where do I put this code? I tried to put it in the opacity in advanced settings but it doesn’t do anything :C

Hey Linsdey.

Sorry I just typed it in my phone.
I will try with my laptop later, and try and help you find a solution

This is correct but you need to change the TRUE to lower case true then it will work perfectly in the opacity section of the advanced panel ok

1 Like

Blockquote I have 2 different gifs that I want to use as backgrounds (one during the day, one during the night).
I don’t see an option to use tags in the sequencer opacity setting to use #DISDAYTIME#… or maybe I’m not using it right.

Does anyone know how to let me use 1 gif as a background during the day and have it change to the other gif during the night?

Blockquote

I just spent the last couple of days with the same issue. I was losing sleep and patience trying to get something to work. I ended up using 4 images in the end.

Daysky - this was just a normal image on the bottom layer.
Darksky- gave this one code in the opacity box to make it appear between dusk and dawn. $#DH#>=#WSH#||#DH#<#WRH#?100:0$

You could just leave it like that, with just the two images but I wanted a nice smooth transition as the sun sets.

So I duplicated the Darksky layer, renamed it sunset and set it to fade an hour before sunset. Code in opactiy box - $#DH#==(#WSH#-1)?(#Dm#/0.6):0$ Position it under the darksky layer.

For sunrise I duplicated the daysky layer, renamed it sunrise and put the following in the opacity- $#DH#==(#WRH#-1)?(#Dm#/0.6):0$

So your layers should be from bottom to top- daysky, sunset, darksky, sunrise.
I did the same thing with my foregrounds too, except I changed the timing of the nightscene to when the sun was going down.

Hope that helps.
Tracy

1 Like

I really like the idea of simultating sunrise and sunset!

I’m having issues myself with the sequence and opacity. to switch from one gif to another when the sun sets, I used

$((#DH#*60)+#Dm#)<((#WSH#*60)+#WSm#)&&((#DH#*60)+#Dm#)>((#WRH#*60)+#WRm#)?100:0$

But it doesn’t appear at all. I tried using Disdaytime, it also won’t work. I have the feeling that sequence doesn’t like conditionals when put in opacity. Same conditional works with image (sun.png) but Daytime sequence doesn’t appear

edit: oversaw the y=1000 in earlier post, put ($#DH#>=#WSH#||#DH#<#WRH#?-1000:160$) in y-axis and now it works. pity I can’t do any transitioning