How to make a planet different according to the time

Hello there,
I recently saw someone who made a Watch Face with a planet in the background, who changed according to the time (at night the planet will be dark, and in a day, it will be illuminated). I would like to know how to do it in Facer Creator.
Thanks a lot

1 Like

You can have several images on your watch face, and you simply change the opacity value of each image according to time. So something like, show when it is PM:

$#Da#==PM?100:0$

and the second image would be the opposite:

$#Da#==PM?0:100$

Of couse you can also use other time tags for deciding when you want to show an image. Either way, you can to a lot with conditionals.

1 Like

Alright, Thanks

That will not work everywhere. That tag is localized (on my watch/locale they are “a.m.” and “p.m.”), better use one of the hour tags if you want a fixed time:

• $#DH#>=12?0:100$ and #DH>=12?100:0$ for switching at noon and midnight.
  • $#DH#>=6&&#DH#<18?0:100$ and $#DH#>=6&&#DH#<18?0:100$ for switching at 6 am and 6 pm

There are also other possibilities, like switching at sunrise/sunset…

2 Likes

I didn’t understand where do I set this? Do I have to select an image or a sequence and place my images? And what’s next?
Thanks a lot

1 Like

You can make 2 image layers and put the expressions in the opacity field

1 Like

Thanks for pointing out the AM / PM thing @ThaMattie . I guess if Facer was to be fair to the rest of the Planet I might be completely Different in another Language . Or is it Always Latin .

1 Like