How to make battery level appear as a gauge with needle?

I need to make the battery level appear in a meter with needle. Not a full circle gauge either. It would be more like the top gauges in this picture.

I’ve seen battery level meters on dials before, but can’t find any that allow me to inspect. This is going to be a great dial once I get it finished, but this is the last piece. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

2 Likes

Add a Dial element (hour, min, or sec). Then change the rotation for the battery level you want. For instance a full 360degree dial for Battery level would be:
(#BLN#*3.6)

You can then add/subtract from this to set the start point (the above example starts at the top).

Also can create smaller dials like the version above where the rotation is only covering 60 degrees or so, the larger ones on the bottom look like 270 degrees.

I would suggest searching the forum a little more for examples. There are quite a few tutorials that explain in greater detail.

3 Likes
2 Likes

Thank you so much for that assistance!

1 Like

You need to know the starting angle, and the ending angle - typically for a speedometer style gauge (like the one you show), it will be either -120 or +240 degrees. Then measure how far you want the needle to rotate (Say 240 degrees - so that it will rotate from -120 degrees to +120 degrees from vertical).

Take that, and then use the expression builder with the battery PERCENT (I don’t use the integer) - and don’t forget your parenthesis around the formula:

(-120+((#BLP#/100)*240))

That basically means:
([THE START ANGLE]+([Batt % / 100]) * [The total angle you want the needle to move])

This will move the needle from LEFT (full) to RIGHT (Empty). - To reverse the direction, just invert the whole formula:

(120-((#BLP#/100)*240))

2 Likes

I’m new to all this and lucky.andrei and GAUSS have been extremely helpful, many thanks to them.
First off, I would like to know where to download Gauge Templates and Hands please, for Power Meters for both Watch and Phone?
Secondly, I have this image, which as I understand from above, has a starting point of 270 Degrees, and an end point of 90.
Gauge%2001
If that IS correct, then can someone please tell me where I’m going wrong when I try to implement the (270-((#BLP#/100)*90)) formula from above? I even tried (270-((#BLN#/100)*90))

1 Like

The entire path the needle travels is -90 to +90 (or 270 to 450), so 180 degrees.
Also, #BLP# adds the percentage character, better use #BLN#.
It would be:
(-90 + (#BLN#/100*180))
or
(270 + (#BLN#/100*180))

2 Likes

As for downloading hands the forum link https://community.facer.io/c/watchface-Resources/hands-hour-minutes-seconds. Also the dials are located in this group https://community.facer.io/c/watchface-Resources/dials. You can also make dials using tic marks which can be found in this group https://community.facer.io/c/watchface-Resources/tick-marks.

3 Likes

Thank you very much for this, I never seem to find much here when I use the Search function lol

1 Like

What I do is; first rotate the needle to the starting position, go to rotation, put the rotating angle in brackets then add + or - (depending if the rotation is clockwise or counter clockwise) then add the formula (#BLN#*3.6) and play with 3.6, in your case it should be much lower. Or you can calculate the angle of the gauge and divide it by 100 and you will get the exact number you should write instead of 3.6.

2 Likes

@NDW . It would be 1.8 .

1 Like

Hi Russell,
If the angle is 180, yes you are right. But I was thinking more about Anthony’s original post where he indicated he wanted more like top gauges. Closer to 90 they are, if my old eyes do not deceive

1 Like

Oh I do apologise . Perhaps you should have invoked him @anthony1 as I thought you were responding to @icrltd4 . Since the Topic was Authored 5 years ago I am not sure if Antony is still about . I know Gizmo is and his question was for his Picture . I was just following the thread to help make this a Valuable Tutorial .
Many including @ThaMattie use the Descriptive Form of Mathamatics to guide Newbies as to how the Maths works .
For example .
((((#BLN#)/100)*270)-135)
minus 135 offset for Aanti Clock movement .

2 Likes

No need to apologize :blush:
The formula you have entered is what its all about, so thank you :+1:

2 Likes