How to read in other countries the information of the day in letters

Good morning !
I want to ask a question on the subject of translations.

How they read, in other countries the information of the day in letters ?
I would like to know, if when I use the date # DEEEE # and DMMMM # … the translations in all countries are automatic …?
I mean.
My design, here in Russia, I read them in Russian …
Does another person who lives in Spain read them in Spanish?
Does another person living in Japan read them in Japanese?
And so with all countries?
If so…
How to know, what measurements to use so that it does not go out of the measurements of the clock face, for all countries?

In cases, that I want people to read the date in a single language, (for example English) in any other country …
Would I have to use this type of code?
$ # DdL # == 01? One: $$ # DdL # == 02? Two: $$ # DdL # == 03? Three: $$ # DdL # == 04? Four: $$ # DdL # == 05? Five: $$ # DdL # == 06? Six: $$ # DdL # == 07? Seven: $$ # DdL # == 08? Eight: $$ # DdL # == 09? Nine: $$ #DdL # == 10? Ten: $$ # DdL # == 11? Eleven: $$ # DdL # == 12? Twelve: $$ # DdL # == 13? Thirteen: $$ # DdL # == 14 ? Fourteen: $$ # DdL # == 15? Fifteen: $$ # DdL # == 16? Sixteen: $$ # DdL # == 17? Seventeen: $$ # DdL # == 18? Eighteen: $$ # DdL # == 19? Nineteen: $$ # DdL # == 20? Twenty: $$ # DdL # == 21? Twenty One: $$ # DdL # == 22? Twenty Two: $$ # DdL # == 23? Twenty Three: $$ # DdL # == 24? Twenty Four: $$ # DdL # == 25? Twenty Five: $$ # DdL # == 26? Twenty Six: $$ # DdL # == 27? Twenty Seven: $$ # DdL # == 28? Twenty Eight: $$ # DdL # == 29? Twenty Nine: $$ # DdL # == 30? Thirty: $$ # DdL # == 31? Thirty One: $

Cordialmente! JDCardozo

As far as I’m aware, the language is automatically set by your device, just like 12/24hr or Weather, so there would be no way to know whether or not it fits in the text box sorry.

2 Likes

Yes, in case you don’t want the texts as days and month names to be translated, you would have to use some kind of text prepared and controlled with conditional expression.

1 Like

Thank you very much @ icrltd4 and @petruuccios for your time, response and speed … !!!
Very kind of your parts. !!! :slightly_smiling_face:
Cordially JDCardozo

1 Like

No problem my friend…if ever I can’t fit the Date Text in the desired space, I just change the Style to the abbreviated type - Sun/20/Jun

2 Likes

Yes…
I last … I do that … because I did not know how it looks in other countries …
So …
I understand, what to wait, that Facer.io, works on the subject … yes?

Because sometimes when I install some designs, with the date in letters … (the letters in Russian), it doesn’t fit on the face of the watch …

In the Creator, I always use the Time Machine to set the Date to when the Month and Day have the most characters, which in English would be September and Wednesday, then I always know whatever the date is, it will always fit :grin:

4 Likes

Interesting and smart of you … good idea my friend Gizmo !!! :+1: :dizzy:
Thank you!!! my friend!!! :slightly_smiling_face: :ok_hand:

1 Like

Same here!

2 Likes

Dragging up an old thread, because I’d like to know if anyone approaches checking this in a different way. I’m aware that not all countries use a three character abbreviation for the month when this is set in Facer. I think some use two characters, and today I came across Latvian that uses four characters and a period. I use the three digit abbreviation a lot on my faces, and its depressing to know that it doesn’t work for everyone. I guess the universal way is to use the two digit month instead, which I assume is universal across all languages that use Arabic numbers. I know some countries have their own numbering system, I have a feeling all countries at least understand Arabic numerals.

1 Like

Very interesting … Your comment … @richiebee
A good topic to analyze
Cordially

To avoid all that (and also avoid “mixed language” watch faces), I would just make everything English (or whatever language you prefer) using prepared text or images…