How to slow animation speed?

I have a 60 image set of the Earth First i set it to transition one image per second using $#Ds#==x?100:0$ this worked but the images seemed to jerk forward each second like a pulsing second hand. I then used the formula for animation reluctantly because I was not attempting to run my images at 60 fps. This fixed the jerking look and smoothed out the animation, however in my opinion it is too fast and I would like to slow it down but with 60 frames how do I span that over more than one second? here is the formula I am using… $(#Dsm#-#Ds#)>(0*0.016)&&(#Dsm#-#Ds#)<=((0+1)*0.016)?100:0$ (the 0.016 is (1 divided by the amount of frames 60) I would like to slow this down considerably… here is what it looks like currently (inspection is on)

1 Like

Hello, instead
$(#Dsm#-#Ds#)>(0*0.016)&&(#Dsm#-#Ds#)<=((0+1)*0.016)?100:0$
you can try use
$(#Dsm#-#Ds#)/4>(0*0.016)&&(#Dsm#-#Ds#)/4<=((0+1)*0.016)?100:0$

1 Like

@iamwizzdome. Could you try a completely different strategy. Scrolling Images. Bit of fun joining them up.

1 Like

@petruuccios thank you, tried the /4 unfortunately that took out the last 3/4 of the images out of the loop though the speed seems about right…
@russellcresser that would be a seriously long edit but not out of the question just move all the pics 1 pixel left of the under lay or is the overlay? does it even matter in this case? a round picture *sigh… Is it possible to have multiple expressions in the opacity? something along the lines $#Ds#==0,60?100:0$ not sure that is the way to write it but I am thinking ds=0 or 60 I tried that once with the comma and it just stayed at 100. So you are probably right about scrolling being a better alternative…

2 Likes

@iamwizzdome I am pretty sure we do not use a comma in the Tag Maths. Sorry my maths is not good enough to give advanced help. Obviously the image is not actually a cylinder and it is broken up into sections because of the Facer Scaling. It is worth having a go. Another part for your Bits Box.

not having much luck with this however if I could use multiple expression like this
$(#Ds#-#Dm#)>(0*0.016)&&(#Ds#-#Dm#)<=((0+1)*0.016)?100:0$ or $(#Ds#-#Dm#)>(60 *0.016)&&(#Ds#-#Dm#)<=((60+1)*0.016)?100:0$
then I could use the same frame twice in an extended sequence in a fraction of a minute instead of a fraction of a second, the question is how this can be done…

Do I even need to subtract min from seconds to use a fraction of a minute?
$(#Dm#)>(0*0.016)&&(#Dm#)<=((0+1)*0.016)?100:0$ and can i still use fractions lower than a second when using a minute expression?

scratch the whole thing I found an expression that was easy, and painless, and I wish I knew where I got it from but I had used it in a watch face I did before with a 40 image gif. I think I was looking up how to pause animation when I found this expression but it is perfect…
$ceil(#DWE#*12%xx)==x?100:0$
xx= total number of frames , x = current frame… I believe with the % value you can speed up or slow down the animation… Thanks for the help everyone and to the guy who I got the formula from I am sorry I cant remember the post… I hope this helps someone in the future who is having the problem i was having…

1 Like

Sorry, I was in hurry in the morning, did not think further than the first second. #DWE# is good solution. Maybe factor of 15 fps would look more smooth than 12 (…15%60).

2 Likes

@iamwizzdome I am interested to know how you got 40 frames into a GIF . As far as I know Facer lets you have 25 max.
Here is a link to something I was working on with multiple Sequences . I found the limit was 10 sequences each about 200 KB which is tiny. My animation target was 20 seconds but you might find something in there that is of us to you.
I used #DWE# triggered on Wake.
I found that I could not get Sequences synchronised to the real time clock so I gave up.
For obvious reasons I would call it a bit of Bloatware.

I used a gif editor to slice the gift and just uploaded each frame seperately as an image naming them in order of sequence. With these longer sequences it takes forever to edit each one for opacity. Here is the 40 frames one, I was originally looking for a way to pause the image halfway through. The actually full sequence is just half of the sequence copied twice then played forward and reverse in loop.
I still didn’t figure out the pause but its okay I will get back to it eventually.

1 Like

Wow @iamwizzdome that is pretty mad. A ton of work. I will look again when I am on my Laptop. On my Tablet at the moment. Things are not smooth on that. I will say make a little test of a few frames to get your pause. I am sure you could go back to Gif sequences for what you are doing. They are not Realy synced to anything else. I am sure the cat wakeing over 3 seconds would be fine. Three second pause then sleep again 3 seconds then 3 6 9 12 etc second rest. You could get into some drawing so you don’t have to employ so many Progress Arcs. The most important thing is Enjoy what you are doing.

I was considering just copying a bunch of times the first and middle frame and adding them to the equation. Will see, I got kind of wore out on that one after a while still looks nice though.

1 Like

One of the things I think you will find is the Frames in a Gif Sequence are Morphed to the next one. This makes the whole thing smoother. So the frame by frame animation will always be a bit choppy. There is a little working tolerance on the timers in the watch.