How's this for a change of pace?

Second attempt at a more /realistic/ style of watch face. Heavily inspired by the old Thunderbird gauges.

Let me know any thoughts or any improvements.

4 Likes

Nice . May I show you this . The Gauge falls like a glass half full to empty . It is not that I like symmetry . It will not let me go .

3 Likes

I love that idea! Exactly like a glass. :joy: The symmetrical appeal is really satisfying.

1 Like

Very nice gauge-like watch face. I could easily trace your inspiration source :slight_smile:

I like gauge type faces, done few my self. If I may suggest something, try to play with the area ratio between the central “shield” and the hands reach. Maybe add some shade to to the disc too (duplicate it, tint the lower one black, shift it down and to side and lower its transparency). I could not resist to play with it a little.

3 Likes

looking at those gauges, I think a narrow font would also make a ton of difference

3 Likes

I think that’s spot on, nice work @dioramite :clap:

2 Likes

You’ve legit made it look so much more realistic, just with those few tweaks!! Still learning all the little ins and outs that really tie a piece together. Thanks for the tips though! :smiley: And I think I’d also play around with what @ThaMattie said about the narrow font.

5 Likes

Thank you! :smiley:

2 Likes

Do not worry, with exercise one learns best. If you could not find anything better, check for example the antonio thin font.

2 Likes

Here’s an update. Took all your advice and brought it up to speed :smiley:

Really liking the overall look of it now. Much more complete.

5 Likes

Nice job . Well done . :grinning: :+1:

That’s pretty neat, but 2 things: firstly, you don’t have to post it again, as the image you first posted will always be up to date lol But secondly, I think your Battery percentage is a bit confusing increasing/decreasing on both sides simultaneously :thinking:

2 Likes

@icrltd4 You will see I encouraged @dioramite to do that with his Gauge. So Blame me. Some times I find the 360 ones confusing as some have them going AC and some CW. Just another way of representing Data. :rofl::slightly_smiling_face::+1:

1 Like

2 Likes

What is wrong with a bit of SYMETRY . Worked on Lathes too long . Top and Bottom always came out the same . :rofl: :joy: :sweat_smile: :laughing:

2 Likes

cool stuff!

4 Likes

:joy: :rofl: I blame @russellcresser :wink: But truth be told, I am more fond of the “glass emptying” approach. Feels a bit more intuitive to this design. :smiley:

2 Likes

2 Likes

Love the automotive theme!!! Great job!!!

3 Likes