I just got an automatic removal due to suspected copyright for a picture of a flower

I just uploaded a picture of a flower and got the message ### This content was automatically removed due to suspected copyright/trademark infringement. Is there a way to appeal this? Does it look bad on my. record. Or should I just let it go because I have more pictures of flowers? And I mean what in the world are they talking about I’ve seen images of other things on other people’s accounts that should have been flagged and a flower gets flagged. This is the first time I’ve experienced this so I don’t know how common it is.

1 Like

That picture looks fine to me, was there something in the description or title that may have caused the removal?
It’s always good to duplicate things before Publishing, that way you’ll always still have a copy to work with and edit if necessary.
bkgblue Transparent BG

2 Likes

DUPLICATION BEFORE PUBLICATION

Some images are Copyright . Usually if the Face Is Taken down instantly it is Marvins work . A BOT can scan text instantly . We are not allowed to us a lot of English Words Like Zenith and Ladybird .

2 Likes

I just published a test . I will take it down when you have seen it .

1 Like

Thanks. I can’t remember what I wrote just remember I was trying to be poetic so maybe I used a word it didn’t like.

2 Likes

Ha Ha . Best not Wax too Lirical . Remember Marvin is Paranoid . Those types are not keen on Poetry . Enjoyment is a strange concept to those afflicted . Lit me know when you have sent it out again . I will tale the one I did down .

1 Like

must have written “zenith” :rofl: - stupid bot does more harm than good.

2 Likes

I Put mine back up. Thanks

1 Like

Good suggestion about the duplication. I think I’ll start doing that. Thanks.

2 Likes

No worries, a lot of us have had at least 1 Face removed like that, but hey ho, it is what is, lesson learned :grin:

2 Likes

I finally checked the email. The problem word was misfit.
It turns out misfit is also " Misfit

Consumer electronics company

Description

Misfit, Inc. was an American consumer electronics company founded on 14 October 2011 by Sonny Vu, Sridhar Iyengar and John Sculley, owned by Fossil Group. It specialized in wearable technology that utilizes sensors and home automation products. Wikipedia

1 Like

Who Would Believe it . You would have thought MissFit would have been a better name for that or MsFit as they say these days . I will tack that to the bottom of the list .