I just hit publish and my entire watch face was deleted

It is gone completely from my drafts despite saving continuously through the process of developing it.

As proof it existed it is still on my watch.

1 Like

Oh Dear. I see you had one Taken down. It is probably a description problem and it will be reinstated.

I have Posted on the subject often.

Please Duplicate your work before you Publicate.

DUPLICATION then PUBLICATION

You wil be surprised how quick a Start Again is.

Let me know what the offending Word was and I will add it to my massive list. : )

1 Like

I don’t know the description as it is gone. How do I see removed stuff? I received no removal notification by email. Could it have been Wind?

1 Like

You don’t get a notification instantly. I think it is an Email takes a couple of days as I remember.

I see it has been taken down again. It might be NAVIGATOR that is the issue. Hope you copied it this time : )

I finally got the email. Rediculous that it just vanishes from my sight instantly but it takes them so long to let me know why. Where did you know to look for the disablement?

Also I don’t believe it is legal to copywrite the word Navigator.

I had re-created it from scratch and I was sure I duplicated but after publish could not find either.

I have appealed the take down and complained that it vanishes rather than just being put back into drafts so the issue can be addressed.

2 Likes

Mine was I used Zenith in the Description of the Sun’s Highest position. Facer did Reinstate it . But I cannot remember if I got it Back as Draft or not. It is Bot that takes them down but a human that reinstates them.
Lucky Andrei ( RIP ) had Ladybird taken down as a discription of a little red bug. So Ladybirds are not allowed to observe the Zenith of the Sun to Navigate thier way home.

1 Like

Yes, you have to be careful with your descriptions, as the publishing process looks through to see if there are any copyright or trademark words that they have flagged, and if something is there the face will be placed into some sort of invisible hold until a Face staff member gets around to reviewing it and judging the work. Make sure you ask them to reinstate it when you get the automatic email from the flagging, or it will never come back. I’ve had key words in the description such as Tetris and Fossil get flagged. It can happen any time, as my Tetris Falling time face was removed many months after publishing, and I had to redo it without any of the offending work.

2 Likes

@bradtc
I was thinking of curating a list of banned names may be with some design guidelines.
I was thinking I would edit the Top page of the Topic with the updating list as it developed.
I wondered if the name of the Designer should be next to the banned Word.
If it should be the name used here or on the Facer .
Do you know if there is a way to publish a link to a text file .
I know you cannot upload one here.
I would be interested to know what others think .

It’s probably not copyrighted, but could be trademarked, which I guess amounts to basically the same thing There definitely are some words associated with major watch brands that the brands protect fiercely. Those brands are known to have their lawyers send some aggressive letters to the watch face apps, so those apps try to set up filters to catch potentially troublesome IP violations on their platforms.

1 Like

I’ve used Google Docs to share a spreadsheet and even allow people who know the link to edit it.

1 Like

Hi @russellcresser, I’m not sure if many designers would bother referencing such a document. It’s mostly just if you know to be careful, then common sense of word usage. Save yourself the trouble I think…

3 Likes

OK. I did wonder. I will look into that. Thanks. I presume you don’t mean you have done that here. What do you think about people’s names.

1 Like

Yeah. I respect your advice. The respond as they ask style works well. It just surprises me people get take downs with such ordinary English words. But if everyone Publishes a Copy it is not a problem.

1 Like

I’ve been through the (US) trademark application process with my business. I was using my own name, but had to appeal after being rejected by US Patent and Trademark Office because a major US company had a product using part of the name. Eventually, I was approved because their product was nothing like mine – totally different category. For example, if you decided to produce rolling pins for rolling out dough to make pies, and called them ROLEX, your application would probably be automatically rejected until your appeal so it could be referred to the lawyers at Rolex to look into it. I have an attorney in the family who handled it, but I imagine it would be an expensive project otherwise.

2 Likes

In the UK we call LadyBugs , LadyBirds. Imagine if you were a Kids Toy maker here and wanted to make some Toy LadyBirds .One would would have to use The American name to avoid Litigation and probably paint hem a slightly different COLOUR .
Blancpiain have Watch Called Ladybird, guaranteed to get your design your design taken down.
I want one of those ROLEX rolling pins.

2 Likes