I need help again Please

I can’t get the Step counter progress (yellow part) thing to stop at the end of the black area and also with the Heart rate around the center point (black area). Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!!

2 Likes

I can help in a minute . We are just of out for a walk . You have to establish the Angle to be travelled . I would use #DWFHS#/360 on an arc Progress rotation and the Time Machine slider to measure the fill fraction . Do it as Variable / Variable max * fraction.

4 Likes

I meant to say that I use a second hand with #DWFHS#, for Rotation , and the time machine slider to find the Start and End angles when I need them .

2 Likes

I don’t get it!! :thinking: I am dumbfounded when it comes to math

3 Likes

Is your WIP . Inspectable ?

1 Like

For the Steps, set the fill ratio to

((288/360)*(clamp(#ZSC#, 0, 10000)/10000))

Where 288 represents the total degrees visible.

4 Likes

For heart rate in center…
Set fill ratio to
((307/360)*(clamp(#ZHR#, 0, 200)/200))
Set rotation to 162

4 Likes

Ha Ha . Nice one Jason . Here is another way of doing things . Basically using Second hand and Progress to measure the start and end points .

. .

3 Likes

I like to use formulas as a reminder how i did it. Otherwise i forget…maths is not my strength… but similar to you but now seemly more complicated, i just rotate to get the starting degree (261), rotate again to get the finish degree (189)…then work out the visible degrees
((360-261)+189) = 288 and put it together…
((288/360)*(clamp(#ZSC#, 0, 10000)/10000))
But your way definately looks easier so will give that ago next time!

2 Likes

Jason Ignore me . I tend not to use Clamp . I find it is not Descriptive enough. I try to stick to basic Liners stuff to offer instruction . As Per the Peter’s Perfectly Descriptive Mathematics . I find it interesting that we all adopt a style for the Maths . Clamp is a Great device and to move forward to complex work it is Absolutely essential . Here is a slight advancement on the Test above . Sadly it is does not look brilliant as the Background is a bit eccentric an I did not wan to fight . Trying to get the WOS3 round end progress to work .

2 Likes

If it works, dont fix it! Maybe we should all stick to our methods! One day facer creator may allow progress end caps to be specified as round! I just end up having multiple circle layers to round them off.

3 Likes

Thank you, kindly Jason, I would have never of figuring this out. :crazy_face: :thinking:

4 Likes