I seem to have joined the badndwagon

It is somethig I have been working on since I first statrted but needed the skill learned here to complete.

Also encraged by the rash of other tourbillon faces.
This one is just a toubillon second hand part:

8 Likes

Just saw this on my feed.

That is a beautiful watch

Well done sir

4 Likes

My thanks. Still not totally happy with all of the rations for the balance wheel and related but what better way to fix that than question here,

A lot of skill learned in making this, inside Creator but mainly in external paint packges.

4 Likes

Well, being a novice, I love the simplicity of the look and design.

:wink:

4 Likes

That is really clean. Just enough motion to not distract from the elegance. < applause! >

Went back and looked again… I would personally suggest changing the second “hand” motion to be smooth vs the chop. It would compliment the motion of the micro mechanics of it’s parts.
But either way, again, gorgeous watch.

4 Likes

Good call but totally smooth is a no go as the cog speeds have to mesh with the balance wheel/fork/escapement part so what I could do is speed everything up to 6 ticks per second instead of one. Had to make it all go faster. Shed load of copy paste. as The X/Y and rotation had to be modified for each peice.
Found the expression change here: Second hand moving with 12 ticks per second?.
6 ticks worked better than 12 to keep ballance/fork/escapement sane.
Might need a browser cache clear to get the newer one.

2 Likes

I have done a second version with updates to the hands and a glass finish to the gubbins window:

3 Likes

Nice movement! I like it!

3 Likes

Thanks.
I tried to get it as accurate as possible with the fork and all. Kind if hid some of the fork top to make it work but this one was all about the movement, and seeing the backgrround motion. Done with with the help of @russellcresser for massive amounts of advice on tick speeds and also the WOT image for the balance wheel.

I noticed that a lot of the “toubillon” faces had slow, wide arc movements that were not realistic.
With help from friend (@russellcresser) and that many did’t include the vital fork so I aimed to make one that miimcked the real version.

2 Likes

Very, very nice! I would NEVER attempt something like this face. Trying to make the rotating movement would cause me to lose sleep at night. And at my age, every minute counts. :laughing:

2 Likes

That is a beautiful face, with and without glass. Very classy! :star_struck:

2 Likes