I Wonder Some Days Why I Accept Requests

I’m the same way except when the requests keep coming on the same watch face from the same person who could have made all the requests at once clearly so it could be understood. It just gets to be aggravating in the end.

5 Likes

I totally understand Rusty, and just out of curiosity I had 2 requests from the same person just this morning :laughing:

1 Like

But at least they came before you changed anything and uploaded the new version. Every one of this person’s requests came after the previous change was made and published as a separate watch face.

2 Likes

Now I’ve picked up another person who sees every dark colored analog watch face I make and requests the hands be changed to white and made larger. I have to keep explaining that some of the hands cannot have the color changed because they were made that way. I could change them in Paint dot net, but they wouldn’t look near as nice as they did before. I may have to start offering them twice their money back for the watch face, and since it’s a FREE watch face that’s still nothing. You just can’t please some people. And now you all know why I’m antisocial! :laughing:

8 Likes

What !! Pay them to GO AWAY . The problem is the ones that have no Idea will ask . If I see a nice pair of Hands I get Quite Emotional . I am hoping this year to stop the Gadgetry and get some Nice Bits Chromed . I Love the look of the F1 Anodised Alli bits . Might even have to do a Temporary Premium Run so I can make a Chrono. Sad to me that you have to tap the screen for a Stop Watch . My OTHER watch uses the button to start stop and lap the Stopwatch but tap the screen to Reset . I suppose these days Software engineers do not now that is what the other Button was for .

3 Likes

Oh, and get this, the guy who is requesting hands changed also requested that on another watch face. But he called the hands “wizers”, “tickers” and “pointers”. It took 17 comments between the two of us before he explained it clear enough that I understood that he wanted the hands changed. I kept saying “do you mean the watch hands?” and he never said “yes” once. And this was all done in English even. :roll_eyes:

5 Likes

I see on the Continent they call them Needles and Swords . Sounds like he should of had a few of those .

2 Likes

That would have made a lot more sense to me than a wizer!!!

2 Likes

Maybe they just picked less used term from translator. In German they say Zeiger, wordly meaning pointer.

2 Likes

A hand in Dutch is “wijzer”, which means “pointer” literally, so it word make sense to me. If someone would call it a “hand” in Ducth I’d be like “what would it grab”? The only clock which would make sense to have hands translated to Dutch literally would be Cogsworth, and those aren’t even real hands :wink:

The Needles and Swords would be styles to me… a needle would be a thin, long hand, and a sword a long widening hand with a short tip…
This is a nice overview: Watch hands names and watch hand styles - Watch Tech – Watch-Insider.com

3 Likes

So this Topic is Becoming a nice bit of Education .
I may be we should have a Flag for Most Appropriate .

2 Likes

Just for “grins & giggles” I went to Google Translator and entered wijzer in Danish and translated it to English, it gave me “pointer”. I then tried “wizer” and it still translated to pointer. BUT I noticed Google put in the comment “Translate from Frisian” and it did indeed come back wizer. So maybe this person was from Friesland or Groningen and using Google Translator into English.

3 Likes

@russellcresser
Not that standard users would use said appropriate

Just saying :wink:

2 Likes

Just FYI, im sure most know but Dutch, Danish and German are very similar

2 Likes

So wizer it is then . I have added that to the spell checker.

2 Likes

As you misspell it Haha

wijzer

2 Likes

Oh Shit HA HA. So now I have two entries for the word .
Some one is Paying Attention . Are you a Dual Monitor Waller as well ?

3 Likes

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

@russellcresser

When I was working in computers I had 4

One being a 42 inch TV with stats running for my clients servers

So, yeah, me too

Haha

1 Like

Oh My.

1 Like