I Wonder Some Days Why I Accept Requests

I try to be good about accepting requests from people. Especially about a face that I have already made, and they would like some small change to match their preferences. So, I get a request for MAG 1355 to be changed to blue.
MAG1355
So, I redone it removing the green and made it blue. MAG 1635
MAG1635
Then the same person says after it’s published that they would like it ALL blue. So, I publish MAG 1641
MAG1641
Just now I get a request from the same person asking if I could make the round tic marks square for his square watch. :tired_face: So I have just finished MAG 1678 to be publish in around 30 days.
MAG1678
This is the last time I’m doing any changes on this watch face for that person…

8 Likes

IMHO he should pay you.

I have directly commissioned @marco69h for work, and paid him.

I have also asked him to make some tweaks to existing faces, and paid him, (albeit a bit less, lol), without him asking. It’s just the right thing to do.

I think I’ve paid him a total of $100 so far.

4 Likes

What I have done in the past when someone wants to pay me. I tell them to take whatever money they would give me and donate it to a local animal shelter or Humane Society in their area. That is a greater good than what I would do if given cash.

I am fond of dogs to the point where I even adopted a dog from our local humane society. The dog on the left is Dixie and the shelter dog I adopted is Daisy on the right.

8 Likes

It took me forever to get him to accept payment.

He kept saying that he does this for fun.

I finally convinced him that getting paid for what you enjoy doing is not a crime, that in fact it’s what we all wish for, lol.

3 Likes

We’ve had 2 to 3 dogs at a time our entire lives, (along with 3 to 4 cats, lol), most have been adopted.

Our current dogs, Daisy, 11 yr old and Lilly, 4 yr old … Lilly is the smaller one.

6 Likes

@mrantisocialguy

I gotta say I like the 1st one best, the others are to blue. Haha!

Yer a kind soul

So, how are my requests coming?

Just kidding :wink:

3 Likes

Hmmm…@tom.itssos, I can’t say that username rings a bell. :laughing:

1 Like

@mrantisocialguy
They don’t ask you to do MAGic then just graft.
I have one user without mentioning names that I have worked on a couple of faces for. Suffice to say he is a Vet. The beginning is difficult while they are working out wah they want but as you get near the Deadline. ( Ha Ha) it is very satisfying to know you have made something that someone is happy with. Possibly wearing it for a couple of days.

2 Likes

I agree when they know what they want and actually tell you all of it at the beginning. Oh, and I didn’t mention, all of this is in another language that I don’t know. I have to use Google Translate to know what is being said and to answer. :rage:

3 Likes

Yeah I can Imagine you lost a few strands of hair on that one.

1 Like

Can I have a stick?
Can you show me the moon?
Can I have the moon on a stick?

4 Likes

No, but I can tell you where you can stick the moon! :laughing::joy::rofl: I’m sorry I just couldn’t help myself. :open_mouth:

6 Likes

Nooowww I’m getting the username, lol.

3 Likes

For the less subtle. Where the sun is diametrically oppsed to the moon with the earth as the center. Or, in lamens terms, up your arse.

2 Likes

Fortunately for me, I’m already bald, no one will notice the difference. :laughing:

6 Likes

Are you saying your head is up your preverbial?

3 Likes

No, but others have! :laughing:

3 Likes

Welcome to the (If you like a lot of chocolate on your biscuit join our…)

1 Like

Wait wait… can you make the heart red? :crazy_face:

3 Likes

I get requests quite often and always try to accommodate, even if I don’t like the end design :rofl: Popular requests are usually to add certain Health info, such as Steps and stuff, which I do add quite often despite not liking it all cluttering up the Face (it’s all just a tap or two away on Watches anyway imo).

2 Likes