If Facer could launch/improve anything in 2017, what would it be?

you could probably do that with the Weather Condition Icon #WCCI#. The readout is an integer. You could do a conditional when past a certain time, make transparency 100. When daytime transparency 0.

1 Like

I’d like the documentation to be correct, please. Conditionals | Facer Documentation suggests I should use double-equals, spaces, and quotes in my conditionals - and that Transparency 1 is the same as 100. It took googling this forum to figure out what I wanted was

$#WCCT#=Smoke?100:0$

I mean I’d also like the creator app to work faster, and work on my phone, and I’d like at least a few settable variables, and maybe a way to categorize and collect/collapse/expand Elements would be nice - so we can have all of our Custom Weather Condition Icons in a (sharable? Importable?) “Custom Weather Condition Icons” folder, that’d be nifty.

Oh, and I’d love a compass #Dynamic#…my watch can handle it, alas I can’t put it on my Facer faces.

1 Like

@tyhm Agree re: documentation.

I totally went through all the same stages of doubting and defying the documentation, trying to get #BS# conditionals working. [BUG] #BS# Conditional Not Working post-Facer 3.0

I would say this community. I asked a question last year and got no answers, even after bumping multiple times.

What was the question?
I mean, I’m a know-it-all, so I help where I can; but some more top-down support would be dearly appreciated. Like, do they Know the #BS# tag doesn’t work? Do they care? Do they know the documentation for conditionals lies? Do they care?

Yeah, I saw that one; I don’t know either, though it looks like Tron09 answered as soon as you brought it up here, in the proud tradition of people nicknamed Tron…

1 Like

I just browsed the “Fun” category. If we had a Seasonal or Celebrations category, Halloween and Christmas themed faces wouldn’t be stuck in the zillion of “Fun” faces. Until then if anyone has a suggestion where to send Santa Claus and Jack O’ Lanterns please let me know. :grin:

What is a tribute to original grain watches get back at me they’re really nice with the wood trimming

Yeah, the categories are broad. Thankfully the tags are working correctly now so search for holiday themes should be a little easier as long as creator describe and tag their designs accordingly. I have it on my list to go back to my earlier designs and republish with better ones.

1 Like

Tags are working now? Last time I checked (yesterday) they still weren’t affecting search results.

You can click a tag and see all related. also the tag addition feature was initially restricted to 20 characters. This was also fixed in the past few months.

That’s great but first and foremost tags should improve search, should they not? I’ll consider them borked until they do. I’ve been including tags in my descriptions as a temporary hack.

1 Like

Higher resolution would be nice :frowning:
There’s no point to doing clever things where you change the image Y to flip through images if everything compacts down to 320x320 anyway.

Make it easier to find the companion app. I’ve been searching for the past week for this companion app for the gear s2 and it’s nowhere to be found and I haven’t received any help.

Without a phone, using web interface would be great. Ability to download, buy, etc… watch faces using your own account and having the watch app on samsung gear, etc… download the owned faces without needing the companion app on the phone. If that cannot be done, definitely having the facer app on the iPhone support Samsung Gear S3, apple watch and other watches.

I know others have suggested this but I’d like to add my vote for Creator to be able to use animations that we create using Animation Shop or another similar application that we use along with our graphics applications. The math workaround requires too much time that many of us do not have.

2 Likes

Better integration with Samsung Gear 3. Samsung faces have more features and better animations.

2 Likes

Please as soon as possible provide Facer on iOS support for the Gear S3. There are a lot of us with iPhones who have chosen the Gear S3 as their watches. Facer is leaving a lot of money on the table because the iPhone users cannot acquire Facer watch faces for their Gear S3.

1 Like

Definitely more weather tags for wind speed in mph!

2 Likes