I'm losing my hopes and you?

That would make sense if it was only one but there are 3 of them in a row so no I still think it’s complete BS and those are manual inputs.

Actually Richie Rich, they both were already in the charts and one is a 24HR version that was requested by my followers, you are more than welcome to do the same and get yours in the charts like i did. BTW, I changed the name on the 24HR version to Rigged 100. I liked the sound of that.

I respect your opinion. I offer my own:
What is the point in rigging the top 100? To mess with you or other designers? To help boost “friends”? Because they have a god complex and just enjoy controlling everything?

I just can’t think of any reason why they would want to rig the top 100. But I can think of plenty of reasons why they wouldn’t want to do it, and they all come back to the same point that rigging it offers them no benefit.

Lets start with the premium top 100:

• if i were in the business of selling watch faces, i would want the most successful designs to gain visibility to maximize profits. What better way for them to rise to the top than having the customers themselves tell me which are the most successful? Trying to force popularity on certain designs that i think will be successful is not a good business model. It would push other designs that are actually more popular further down the chart. This would certainly result in less downloads and less money.
  • This leads into the second point that if they want to play favorites with certain designers, they already can do this via featuring them. This will result in way more views for these designs which will naturally affect how that design fares in the top 100 chart. That does not mean that the chart is rigged. Honestly i think it kind of shows that it is pretty basic with how easily it can be affected by faces getting more exposure.

Now let’s talk about the free top 100.

• The first, and probably most important point, is that Facer is a business and thus has to be mindful of how it spends it’s limited resources. Manipulating the free top 100 would be a ginormous waste of resources. It would be a complicated mess of manually moving things around, and for what benefit? Keeping the actual tool working, squashing bugs, adding features, keeping up with the ever-changing smart watch code, as well as trying to expand into new markets is easily a bigger priority than messing around with a popularity chart that adds nothing to their bottom line.
  • If you could extrapolate anything meaningful to Facer from the free 100, it would be that it’s a decent place to find potential future partner designers. I would again say that manipulating this to promote designers that you think are going to be successful is a waste of time. You want designers that naturally and consistently do it on their own.
  • Yes, there are ripoffs and copies that float up the free top 100, and even the premium top 100 sometimes too (not all premium members are partners). They generally get squashed pretty quickly in the premium side because facer definitely does not want to get caught making any money on copies. But they’re more troublesome to squash them on the free side because there are SO many more users, and the designs also don’t have to go through a review process. There’s no money on that side, so it would be a big waste of money and resources to pay somebody full-time to be constantly checking and finding copies.

If anything is rigged, it’s featuring. That is literally somebody choosing what designs they like and/or think could be successful. Though I would argue that “rigged” is a pretty harsh word for something that is globally done in pretty much any industry. Of course it is in Facer’s best interest to feature designs and designers that will make them money. I would do the same.

Another point worth mentioning is something that came up before, and that’s the idea that perhaps premium and partner designers should not be allowed to have their free designs populate the free top 100 chart. I think this would be a beneficial thing to the community.

Anyway, just offering my opinion. I’m willing to listen to any reasons why you think rigging the top 100 would be beneficial to Facer.

2 Likes

Thank you for your opinion, the only thing I agree with is the “featuring” part of your statement. It’s pretty amazing that I have about 12K followers and always at the top of the 100 and rarely get featured. Some of these partners should have a hell of a lot more followers considering pretty much any face they do gets featured. The whole system makes no sense to me. I think it hurts Facer to have someone with at least 10K followers not be considered because why would people want to pay for a design from a partner when they can get an even better one for free. I think they actually lose money there. I’ll continue having fun making faces for my followers for free. Thankfully, I don’t depend on Facer for income.

I do think that some are manually inputted because what better way to showcase your friend or family by featuring and putting their face right to the top regardless of syncs and regardless of how good it is.

I don’t see it as a “complicated mess” like you mention, it’s actually quite easy for them. From time to time they choose what they want 1 thru 3 and the rest can fall where they may either by syncs or manual input. There are not many other platforms out there so Facer doesn’t care.

Another interesting point, #2 thru 4 have been in their positions all week but have only gained like 1 or 2 more followers. You would think if their faces are so popular they would have gained a lot more followers in a week’s time. #4 has gained only 1 follower in a week. I get one follower like every 5-10 minutes.

The whole system is a joke and complete BS.

I agree that the system, especially that of the partner program selection process, is a bit of a mystery. That is a whole different conversation. I know that making that process clearer is on their ‘to do’ list. I agree that having somebody with a ton of followers as a partner is something that certainly should be considered by Facer. I also think that a lot of the time, partner selection and onboarding probably falls to the bottom of the list because they have so many other things to do. I think what would really help this is to have specific times dedicated to partner submissions and approvals, much like the galaxy store process.

I just feel like focusing on the top 100 is never going to find a resolution for you (not that you’re necessarily looking for a resolution). I think we just agree to disagree that Facer has no desire to mess with the top 100. If they did want to promote friends and family, the top 100 is not the best place to do it. Featuring gets you way more eyeballs. To me, that process (of getting featured), and also the process of partner selection, is a way bigger mystery than top 100.

Just wanted to make sure you read my last point that I added in.

didn’t see that. thanks for pointing it out. I have no idea what the answer is to that!

Yes, I don’t either. I think it kind of validates the point I was trying to make. At #2 thru 4 they should have gained a ton more followers and certainly more than one or two in a week’s time. I wonder what other partners have to say about that? And that’s not my opinion that is an actual fact.

Followers are unpredictable and streaky. I’ve had stretches where I’d add a 100/day for a couple of weeks, then stretches where it’s just 5 or 10 in a day. Why don’t you ask @kingDavid if he’s Ariel’s nephew or Uber driver or something. He seems like a nice guy and has been pretty active here in the forums in the short time he’s been on Facer. He can end the speculation for you.

2 Likes

I do have one in the charts. :slight_smile: I had one in the premium charts too (want to know my secret?). I clearly don’t have the following or the ability to be constantly in the charts like you do, so be thankful for what you have.

I would like to point out that you don’t meet the criteria for being a partner at this point. I don’t know how much weight each element in the “qualifications” carries, but I imagine you’d be in a better place by meeting the conditions.

First of all, I don’t know who the hell Ariel is nor do I care or who King David is either. I don’t care if he’s a nice guy or not. What I stated is fact, not speculation. It’s odd as hell to gain only 1 or 2 followers in a week when you are that high on the list. So i don’t care if he’s an Uber driver, his friend, or his lover. Could care less. It’s all BS.

Ariel is the founder and supreme ruler of Facer, KingDavid is the designer of one of the current Top 4 faces you find so suspicious. So I thought maybe you’d take his word for it. why are you so hostile man?

Hey Richie, you don’t need someone on Facer to tell you don’t meet a criteria for this or for that to know you are good at what you do. Trust me, I am very thankful for my abilities, I have said before, I could care less about becoming partner. Keep having fun designing and just know that Facer process is complete BS. Don’t stress worrying about criteria that does not exist. Hell, you may be chosen at any time. I’ve seen people with less followers get chosen…LOL

Is he really? Didn’t know and could care less. Yes, the #4 position that’s gained like 4 followers in a week. LOL. I don’t need to take anyone’s word for what I see as a fact. Why are you so sarcastic and combative? I noticed that almost all partners have the same snobby Karen like tone. I wonder if those are part of the qualifications needed as partner…LOL

no one is disputing the numbers that are available for anyone to see. My point is that you are convinced there is nepotism going on and have specifically suggested a particular face is among those you suspect. It just so happens that its designer is someone who is a participant in these forums. He won’t be able to say why his follower count hasn’t jumped, he’d probably like to know too! But you can simply ask him whether he has any connection to Facer or Facer people and clear up that burning question once and for all.

As for being combative, in these two threads that have gone on about this theory of yours, it’s crystal clear to anyone reading which participants have been civil and which have been combative. I’m happy to let the readers draw their own conclusions.

Hi again Iramos.

It seems you have not gotten the answer you are looking for and that has made you even angrier.
Still, I don’t think it’s appropriate to ask the opinion of the other members if you’re going to tip toe them out in the end, they are also trying to solve the mystery based on their experience and share their opinion about the TOP 100.

Maybe you’re looking for someone to say ‘Yeah, I put those covers in the TOP 100 because it’s my site and I felt like it’. I don’t think you will get that answer. That’s the way the rules are and we all abide by them.

If your goal now is to share your designs with your followers, I think it’s very generous and commendable of you.

If you are looking to stand out in the TOP 100 and explain why your designs aren’t at the top? That is subjective, the design is like that, even if you have more than 10k followers not everyone will like every design you take out, maybe one followed you for a design you did at the beginning and you have not returned to do the same, hoping that maybe someday you take out something similar.

Enjoy the opportunity now that you are no longer looking to be a partner and enjoy sharing your skills with the people who follow you.

In the same way you have to give the opportunity to the person who is looking to be a partner to reach the TOP 100 based on their good designs.

Maybe this is a good tip for those who are looking to stand out and this is my humble opinion only.
Maybe to fill Facer’s eye they need to do something that the other partners don’t do, cover that space that nobody has thought of.
Why are you going to wear yourself out making hyper-realistic analog covers if there’s Bsharp? unless you have that degree of detail (I hope someone comes in and competes with this man, he can’t be that detailed, damn it!)
Among the partners is Samsung’s best designer, Rainer, there are also excellent analog cover designers Dario, or Mike O’Day. Almarinov looks like he came from Mars, he publishes thousands of covers and all of them are good. Linlay maybe because Facer needs the female space.
You were complaining about Cyberpunk, do you know why maybe he is there ? maybe because nobody had at that time what he knows how to do, besides he does it well. GRR, RZ or all the others that have won to be where they are, they all fill a gap that Facer needed at the time. And they still needs it.

But if you have quality you will be noticed everywhere.

Maybe you are aiming your bullets where you are not going to get answers.

Best regards.

Mike

1 Like

On this thread alone there are 3 Facer users including myself that have voiced their concern about the BS they are experiencing with Facer the rest of the time is partners uniting to convince me that i am wrong and I should never think such a thing. I replied to the original poster who by the way has lost all hope, so it is not only me it’s just others don’t voice their concern with the BS they see. So yes, let everyone come to the conclusion they want.

Hey Mike, it seems like the angry ones are the partners like you who cannot accept someone else’s opinion. I’m not looking for any answers buddy, I have replied to original posters on the thread with my belief and experience only to be surrounded by an army snobby partners. Im not taking away the opportunity from anyone only stating what i see.

By the way, I’m not looking to stand out in the top 100 like you are. I have said many times i design for fun, if my faces reach the top which they have many times then so be it. I dont live for this like maybe some of you do. I have a life.

Almarinov is only the partner that has really good faces the rest are ok and some are not. Linlay is most likely the female puppet for Facer for women like you stated. Cyberpunk is a punk, he goes on my page and starts insulting my faces when his faces are complete trash. Cyberpunk takes pictures of himself on Instagram with a Facer shirt bragging about how great his faces are. He’s a complete punk. The named he picked serves him well.

Im going to be honest with you, I dont need any of you partners giving me any tips like you guys are Facer gods. Just because you got chosen for partnership for whatever reason does not mean you are better and can talk down to other designers who are just as good or better than you guys.

Again, aim your bullets elsewhere because I’m not looking for answers only stating what I believe. Stop attacking users in the forum that also believe that the Facer system is BS. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Do I look angry ?

Look in the mirror and find out