Impact oval form on elements

Oval is good- digits 1 - 23 a bit simple for my taste. There nothing like a good tourbillon and gearwheels to exercise the brain - applying that to an oval, now that’s a challenge! :smiley:

3 Likes

So, i made another oval face. This time with oval hands for hour minutes and seconds. Including oval functioning objects. My goal is reached, it seems. Any one else did oval faces?

Greetings
Patrick

3 Likes

Haven’t gotten “round” to it yet, but you are inspiring!

I added a motorcycle rinding around the oval (see above) to see if it would work…

3 Likes

Yeah nice work . I did a couple of spiral ones . With the help of Zieneth on the Maths .
I have a Square Round one some where .

4 Likes

Lindo mesmo amigo…a alteração do analógico é inacreditável…eu já havia visto mas, não sabia como fazer a rotação

1 Like

This was to suit bot square and round . I could not do it with one line . Not smart enough . This Face has had 14 syncs .

3 Likes

Inspect the work if you wish .
Inspecione o trabalho se desejar.

1 Like

Eu olhei…queria é aprender como fazer os ponteiros circular e acompanhar o horário e, aquele aumento do ponteiro com a rotação…impressionante amigo.

I looked…I want to learn how to make the hands circle and follow the time and, that increase in the hand with the rotation…impressive friend.

2 Likes

Have a little play . See what you learn .
Divirta-se um pouco. Veja o que você aprende.

1 Like

rsrs…mas copiar não posso certo?

lol…but I can’t copy, right?

2 Likes

work in progres…
(tron racer speeds across upon wake…)

3 Likes

Nice one @tom.vannes . The Minute Hand gets a bit skinny .

2 Likes

@christianfernandes38 stuff posted on this community Forum is generally for sharing . I will be surprised if you copy a formula and do not have to change it a bit to make it work for your Face . It is very difficult to copy the Graphic Elements. But generally many will not object if you use them for inspiration . It is best not to copy the face but use elements for example .
@christianfernandes38 as coisas postadas neste fórum da comunidade geralmente são para serem compartilhadas. Ficarei surpreso se você copiar uma fórmula e não precisar alterá-la nem um pouco para que funcione no seu Face. É muito difícil copiar os Elementos Gráficos. Mas geralmente muitos não se oporão se você usá-los como inspiração. É melhor não copiar o rosto, mas usar elementos, por exemplo.

3 Likes

Eu lhe entendo amigo eu achei na internet uma .PNG…parecido com aquele da tela mas pode ficar certo que não vou copiar…só apreciar e estudar mais pra ver se eu aprendo…

I understand you friend, I found a .PNG on the internet…similar to the one on the screen but you can be sure I won’t copy it…I’ll just appreciate it and study more to see if I learn…

3 Likes

Yes, difficult to find the right sizing. I first had the oval even flatter, but then you can no longer see the hands. Have to find the right kind of hands, the arrow does not seem ideal.

3 Likes

Yeah . The min is good as it will distort without looking silly . As the hand IS at 9 and 3 it wants to be Thin and Long but at 12 and 6 Fat and Short . Listen to me , standing on the sideline telling the team what to do .

3 Likes

Hi. Thanks!

I would like to share some experiences with oval faces and promote them.

Tom has right. There are limits - as always - considering the reduction on the y axis. Too small impacts the readability. I feel that the reduction - starting with a normal circle - should not be more than 50 %, as I did with my face. But oval forms offer many advantages comparing with circle, I feel.

This 50 % or .5 reduction must then be applied in the formulas defining rotation, width and height of the hands. I will set inspection on, so everybody can join.

If another face maker uses this same reduction (the same size for the background oval and hands) one can simply copy my formulas for width height and rotation and opacity.

About these formulas for example for seconds or minutes. I used four elements for each, covering each quarter of the face. I could not do it in one. Of course you need to center them according to your background oval, which you cannot design with Facer. You can for example Google on oval, but it’s better to draw yourself in any design software, this oval.

If you do that, you could also design for example a slice for each 6 degrees, as is for seconds and minutes. I started from a custom circle, then drew these 6 degrees lines, grouped them together (as a star) and then combined the star with the circle to cut out 6 degree slices out of that circle. Then grouped them and reduced the y axis (or height) with 50 % to get them according to an oval face. Then you have 60 slices, export them and import them in Facer. It becomes beautiful if you added a shadow (purple in my case) before the reduction for all slices.

You can see it in my face, after passing the 15 seconds mark. Because of the oval form of each slice, the shadow of each slices/second is more 3D which is interesting I feel. After import you need to add some formulas. Check out inspection for that. I you lay above these slices an oval with the same proportions but a little higher, you can cover these seconds-slicer but contain the beautiful 3D shadowing. Yes, it wasn’t easy.

You may guess how much syncs I got for this one… how low can you go!

Oh yeah the hands. If you use Facer hands I advice to only use only rectangles. Many hands consist of a circle and a rectangle, but in width or height you can not separate these formulas for 1 element, the hand. One could use two F objects circle and rectangle for hour, min secs. That’s a challenge, or use graphic imported images as described above for seconds. Lots of work then…

My next project will be to display also other data in oval style, as there are for steps or heart.

Best greetings
Patrick

4 Likes

4 Likes

Ainda estou no estágio anterior do iniciantes…mas, estou encantado com esses modelos… parabéns!!!

I’m still in the beginner stage…but, I’m delighted with these models…congratulations!!!

4 Likes

Thank you. Tell you something, we all learn, try out things, try to understand these formulas, sometimes struggling with them. We all are beginners if we try something new. Your determination and motivation, your patience, the pleasure of conquering new knowledge will lead to better understanding for so many things in life. We are absolute beginners.

Gracias. Te digo una cosa, todos aprendemos, probamos cosas, intentamos entender estas fórmulas, a veces luchamos con ellas. Todos somos principiantes si intentamos algo nuevo. Tu determinación y motivación, tu paciencia, el placer de conquistar nuevos conocimientos te llevarán a comprender mejor muchas cosas de la vida. Somos unos principiantes absolutos.

3 Likes