IMPORTANT: New Update For Wear Os 4 (New Apps)

IMPORTANT: New Update For Wear Os 4 (New Apps) by ALLSTARSPACE

3 Likes

I really think it’s getting a way too complicated for 90% (if not 99%) of users.

Updates, permissions, problems… I don’t think most people care about it.
I remember the watch 3 I had, the only thing I had to do is connecting it to the phone. That was it.

3 Likes

… and if things don’t work because their software is outdated, people think it is the watch face designer’s fault.

2 Likes

And if the updates bring more trouble than benefits, if not stright bugs, they will blame the watchface creator either. As long my watch and faces work, I do not update, unles I am forced to…

1 Like

I have a friend (and he is really a smart guy) who bought Samsung’s watch because I told him it’s the best and after a month or two he sold it and switched to Amazfit.
He called me every once in a while asking for help.

He just needed a watch that works, he found Samsung watch to be very annoying.
I can understand it, this is a hobby for us and we enjoy keeping up with news but an ordinary user doesn’t care about it.

3 Likes

I did not mean to sound like I did not care about news. I do, but I refuse updates that come “sneaky”, not fully documented what they solve and what should they bring. Not to mention there is no official nor safe way to roll back in case of a messed up one.

2 Likes

I agree. Unfortunately I’m a sucker for updates, I always install them. :face_with_spiral_eyes:

1 Like

I am sorry to report the following:
Google announced that Wear OS 4 would roll out (slowly - like everything) to the original Pixel Watch. I was super excited.

Today, I finally received my update. My Pixel Watch (original) is now sporting Wear OS 4. I tried turning on #ZSC# for my step counter hoping it would finally count past 999.
NOPE - the watch reloaded my (currently) favorite Facer face and the step count said (as usual - zero).
Ever hopeful, I will try tomorrow morning and see if it counts correctly after the count restarts at 0 at midnight.

I have tried what Samsung folks have recommended - switch to a native face and back again. That was likewise unsuccessful.

Boo Hoo Hoo :cry: :cry: :cry:

2 Likes

Strangly it takes a couple of days for a New OS To get working properly . Unexplainable but let us see .

2 Likes

Well, maybe. I’ll let it surprise me. Right now I’m wearing one of the native faces. I want to see if battery life is better.

1 Like

Yes, battery life seems quite a bit better for the moment. The update fully loaded at about 11:00 a.m. Once it was done, I put the watch on the charger and let it get to 99%. At that point, the time here was right about 1:00 p.m.

I turned battery saver mode off and turned “tilt to wake” mode back on. So it’s eating at normal usage for me.

Then I started messing around. I determined that the step counter problem is not yet solved although I’m going to leave the Facer face on and see what it does when the counter resets at midnight. I’ve switched back and forth between native faces, Prado faces, and Facer. I uninstalled Facer and reinstalled it. I’ve now left the Facer face on with the #ZSC# step counter in place. Yeah, it says 0 even though my real step count is 4126.

It’s now 5:30 p.m. here and battery level is 82% - not too bad as these things go and considering all the “fiddling.”

3 Likes