Inability to load purchased faces

I am utterly frustrated. I absolutely cannot figure out how to get the purchased faces into my Samsung 4 from my S22Ultra. I’ve got the companion app. The phone just sits there saying to load the companion app. I load it on my watch but nothing happens. Please isn’t there anywhere where step by step-by-step procedures are written to follow? Or have i just wasted money on something I’ll never be able to use. Help??

1 Like

First question, can you sync new faces to your Galaxy Watch 4? If so, you should be able to go to your purchases in the phone app and send them to the watch. If you cannot load any faces at all go to your settings area in the phone app and click on reinstall companion app. Then select facer as the watch face using the watch. That should tell the phone app it is there and connected and allow you to sync faces. If all else fails contact @Facer_Official at: https://help.facer.io/hc/en-us/requests/new or email them at: facer-support@little-labs.com

1 Like

Welcome @annbal. We don’t know what you know about the Technologies. My first question is. Are you all connected up? Phone obviously to Internet. Preferably via WiFi and Watch connected to Phone via Bluetooth. This can all be confirmed as @mrantisocialguy said with Samsung Health Data and Faces. When that is all confirmed we can see about your Facer Purchases.

I have synched one I bought. I have zero idea how I did it though.

So, I have reinstalled the Facer companion app. It opened up on my phone, I’ve got the recently used, my faces, etc. showing. But the app on my phone says 'waiting for watch companion to be activated. Make sure Facer is selected as your current watch face. The watch icon is spinning on the phone. What now? Is it not connected? Is it not talking to each other? The only option on the phone is to cancel.

Ok, so the app on the phone timed out - and suddenly the companion app is responsive, and I’ve actually changed my face to another. Now I see all that I’ve purchased. I’m going to go look for some more on the app (phone) and see if I can get the others I wanted to show up. Again, no clue how this happened but for the moment it seems to be working.

2 Likes

I am totally connected.

2 Likes

Hello,
Here are some helpful instructions:

Setting up Facer:

Troubleshooting:

1 Like

It seems that once the watch receives an OS update you also need to reinstall the Facer companion. I am now able to see what I’ve liked and purchased.

2 Likes

I have not had to do that. Maybe it is specific to Samsung. I’m glad it’s working for you now.

3 Likes

Glad you got there in the end. Sorry for assuming you know nothing. I have no choice about that.

1 Like