Inaccurate Temps showed on Weather watch faces displayed on Fossil Sport Watch

I’m a weather worshipper that have annexed quite a few watch faces in that category. There’s a major bug infesting the various faces I use, the Temprature always seem to show 56 degrees Fahrenheit even though I know via either my phone or what it feels like, it’s warmer/colder than that. To my chagrin, at the preview page, to entice me, the prospective face will show the correct figure but once in my stable the error manifests itself to my dismay! So where does the bug spray needs to be applied, Fossil, due to a cut rate defective lemon or your brainiac artisans @ Facer? I appreciate any solution to this mystery worthy of those “McCloud” mysteries I enjoyed bingeing on during the '70s to the max! I still enjoy this app, nevetheless and thank you for allowing me to be one of your dedicated denizens!

La Marea Roja 4033.

1 Like

From what I have read here on the forums, Facer uses OpenWeather for their weather data. The problem is two fold, one OpenWeather says it’s for your location but it’s really giving you the weather for the larger region you are in. Secondly if you don’t open up the Facer app a couple or more times a day, the weather seems to not update itself. I’ve looked many times and thought that the temperature didn’t feel right. Then open Facer on my phone and then look back at the watch and notice it’s changed itself to a more correct temperature. Also if you are running an Android phone you want to make sure Adaptive Battery is turned off or at least make an exception for Facer so it won’t put it to sleep in the background.

1 Like

I noticed on mine (also a Fossil Sport), the weather never seemed to update if the Location setting on my watch was turned off.

As has been said already, OpenWeather doesn’t seem to ever provide the most accurate data to these faces, but it’s at least seemed close enough to me, and has been updating throughout the day.

1 Like

I’m not sure it helps but every time I have checked the weather on my Facer faces is always ok. I have a Samsung Galaxy watch with Samsung phone. Location is always on on both my phone and watch and my watch is always connected to my phone. I also have watch AOD mode always on. Basically, my watch is always on and always connected to my phone so maybe that is why the weather is always updating ok. As for the weather service itself - it is ok. Perhaps not the best but no worse than most of the website weather services.

2 Likes

I have the same setup as you. Samsung Gear S3 Frontier and Active 2 with Samsung S10e. The only difference is I never use AOD mode which might explain why Facer sometimes doesn’t keep the weather updated. I don’t open my phone much except when I get texts ect so that might also add to my hit or miss weather updates. All in all, the weather is close enough that I know pretty much what’s happening without opening up a weather app on the phone.

1 Like

Giga thanks to all who are helping me with this problem, i tried mr.antisocial’s potential remedy about allowing this app access as well as shutting off Battery Adapt on my Galaxy J7 phone but that didn’t solve it. Since I noticed a fellow member with the same watch as mine suffering from the same affliction as mine I conclude that the weather faces might be incompatible with either Fossil smartwatches in general or the Sport category in paricular. I will have to figure out how to delete all ther weather faces and use the weather app I have that seems to work when I want to use its watch face and switch back to Facer if I need a change of pace in watch faces.
As for mrantisocialguy, stating that he has no problem with his Galaxy phone & smartwatch with his weather faces, well they’re different branded watches! but as my mom said "nothing beats a try but a failure! so your effort is still appreciated by me anyway!

1 Like

By the way, I also have a TicWatch E that I use only for testing and weather works with it. I can’t believe that two year old cheap TicWatch that is very finicky would work better than a Fossil. But like you said it’s a different branded watch.