Instagram Facer link problem

Has anyone else gotten this?

1 Like

Meta has been training its AI. It was supposed to remove only links in public posts, but it seems that private groups and private accounts are having a problem if the links go to Facer in this case.

2 Likes

My profile is public. Did meta intentionally remove everyone’s links as a test?

1 Like

Seems more like accident than test to me. Test should be announced and mishaps would be expected, this was unexpected all of sudden. Unless they made guinea pigs out of random group of people.

2 Likes

All kinds of problems on Face Book . UK And USA . I personaly think it is a Major Hack . Wattsapp and Facer Comunity work .

2 Likes

Perhaps just a bit too aggressive in its training:
Meta is using your public Facebook and Instagram posts to train its AI (malwarebytes.com)
There may be a follow-up article soon.

2 Likes

I’ll try again later. Thanks everyone.

1 Like

I just had another 65 posts removed so all is not quiet on Facebook yet. They may be cleaning it up a little at a time.

2 Likes

Testing was announced months ago. What is amusing is that it was announced in tech and security circles, but if FB members had no warning, it appears that FB wanted to keep it as is so they would have something to work with.
If it was a real “hack” (and FB will admit to that) I’ll post back tomorrow with any info that I can share. I’ve had enough “fun” for today.

3 Likes

I just got a notice that FB has removed 892 of my past posts.

2 Likes

The verdict remains that the AI in training still has a lot to learn.

4 Likes

They can train when and what ever they need, but why does it have to be on live group like Facers? Who/how decides it already learned all it needed? Just let it work live until next mistake seems not like a solution to me.
There was like 12 to 24h between its first and last action on my posts.
Like nobody could pull the power plug from the wall meanwhile?

3 Likes

Think Skynet and how hard it would be to pull that plug.

3 Likes

:roll_eyes: I’m taking bets on whether an apology will be announced by Facebook.

4 Likes

I would bet no personally.

2 Likes

I also bet no, I would not be surprised if they said “if you want your content restored, appeal for each message”.

3 Likes

I actually received an apology. Imagine that! :open_mouth:

4 Likes

I’m not going to hold my breath waiting for over 900 apologies.

3 Likes