Is is possible to add

I forgot to mention, there is a size limit for a watch face, but nobody really knows what it is. .gifs and sequences take up a large amount. I don’t think I’ve been able to add more than three on a watch; more than that and it gets stuck in a “syncing” loop forever

1 Like

ive got way more than 3 sequences on most of my watch faces, some i have over 20, they cant be all be 25 frames, but yeah ive encountered the cant upload error problemand the sync repeat problem and it is a pain when you have to slowly remove frames 1 by 1 till it works

1 Like

@beatnickjones I use EZGIF. COM pointed out by @icrltd4 Gizmo411. On there, once you have made your Gif there is an option to optimise it. I.e. make it smaller memory wise.
I am not a Fan of the Sequence animations. Whatever you do it seems to be glitchy. Try reducing the overhead. Look carefully at the Triggers for your animations. I have found that Trigger on Wake is the most successful. If your animations are not synchronised in length. Trigger on sync will never sync up. I found the Reversing Function was a bit of a no go. Remember to check the Loop function.
Put the face up with Inspection on and I could look at it later.

1 Like

its all god thanks anyway, but i think i got it working now i just had to cut out a few frames here and there , i cut out alot of frames of the sun rotating as it was just repeating.

1 Like

Yeah is is difficult to get them Synced. Make sure your last frame is only one frame different from your first or you will get a noticeable jump . If you get it smooth no one will notice : )

1 Like

each of its own

1 Like

@karinkaiser1967 Typicaly this Topic you generated got Hijacked. Sorry I got confused in my replys about who I was talking to. Please forgive me. That is why they had me in workshops all my career. I think the Topic is quite strong enough to carry some mistakes.

1 Like

Optimize the dimension size of your image and optimize your image using sites such as [TinyPNG]
(https://tinypng.com/ ) to make the file size much smaller.

Add all the images layered on top of each other.

Add a simple formula in Opacity to Hide or Display each image based upon the current weather condition.
Example for Clear Sky: $#WCCI#==01?100:0$

I hope this helps.

1 Like

I have just tried 20 Gifs on a face that is a No Go . It seems like you can have 10 to 12 around 200kb each. Creator starts to get sticky round about then.

I am not sure on what the max number you can use with Facer. But I do have full weather sets using PNG images on several of my watches.

Also I make sure to optimize the size of the image then run it through an online optimizer to optimize the file size. Most of my images are between 20k to 40k each.

That can make a huge difference on time to sync the new watch face as well as all the processing power and time that it requires to do the work.

1 Like

Yeah I notice the Sync time of a bit of Bloatware is over a minute. Lucky Andrei ( RIP ) posted that a Sensible limit was around 2Mb. I wish there was an easy way to see what the Payload is on a Face.

1 Like