Is there advice you would give to someone starting out designing watchfaces?

If so, what would it be?
What have you learned that you would tell yourself when you started to do or not do that would have made your designing easier or more productive?

3 Likes

Yes, I have one highly important piece of advice: DON’T START, LEAVE IT, WALK AWAY!! :crazy_face: It’s addictive!! :rofl:

5 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

Get on to the community first off. Learn to search out the Resources that have been very generously left here. I actually sent a question to Little Labs asking if it was possible to have a Tick on the second Hand. Got a Reply from Louis. :rofl::slightly_smiling_face::+1:

3 Likes

I would say go have a play around on the Creator, get some ideas from it, then have a look around the Community to see if your ideas have already been covered or not, but most of all…have fun designing whatever YOU like :smiley:

4 Likes

If you can’t get something to work, ask - even if you think its something that should be obvious. It might not be you, but a quirk of Facer. How many hours did I waste trying to get something to work, that clearly should have? :smiley:

5 Likes

Hear Hear.

2 Likes

Have fun.
Experiment.
Get involved with Photoshop or similar as Facer has limitations.
Don’t try to imitate - think about what you personally would like to see in a face - visualize it.
Not everything you make has to be something you would wear - maybe you have an idea of making something you think others would like.
Don’t stress over syncs - I don’t. Sometimes you just want to challenge yourself to create something even though you know many people would not wear it as a “daily driver” - so what! Accept your personal challenge.

5 Likes

Yeah. What He said.
Where has your Logo ( Avatar) gone?
I see you changed it. You have to change it on everything.

1 Like

@russellcresser I uploaded my new logo and saved it but it isn’t showing up. I thought maybe it would take some time.
I tried a few times now.

1 Like