I've joined the dark side!

I think you are developing an Instict. You skills can not be better. I love your Classics but the Old/New is a nice playground . One of my most sucessfull was a LED Repro for Apple. Had a few thousand syncs and of course the minutes did not Work prppoperly. It was Early days before the 15 min Notification.
The trick is when you get in the Charts is to have something else up your sleve and keep feeding it. Strange beast the Charts can be very Hungry. BTW I dont think that Face could pass the WFS AOD Test. So stay where you are and Have Fun.

1 Like

Nothing like another drink for an acholic or a donut shop for a diabetic.

2 Likes

Easy: just look to the right :rofl:

screenshot

2 Likes

The only thing up my sleeve is my non-artistic arm :rofl:
I’m not creative like most everyone else on here, the few original designs I have are just that: few!

2 Likes

Oh my! That’s just too funny! :laughing::joy::rofl:

2 Likes

A Real Designer told me you would be lucky to get 1% of your original Idea into a Product that got sold .

2 Likes

And then there’s 1% of the people who have problems with your product.

After 650 syncs of the LCD face, one person (so far) has complained: “Hello, the face keeps crashing. can you check on it please.”

Now I’m wondering if the Facer app itself might get overwhelmed with dynamic shadows under the digits and whether I should not have included them.

1 Like

It’s more likely the one person never restarts their watch, and it has become so unstable that Facer crashes it. I have that issue with my Galaxy Watch 1st gen. If I run Facer all day, by evening time, it’s so buggy that the watch gets sluggish and doesn’t want to work right. Switching back to a Samsung face fixes it. Until the next time it happens. It never happens using Samsung stock faces.

2 Likes

That’s what I was thinking, but still I am concerned with how much I threw in that face, particularly the shadows. My first instinct was to tell him to restart, which if he does and if the issue’s as you explained, it’ll keep happening. There’s not much I can “check on” at the face level.

2 Likes

I gotta believe that more often than not it’s user error…I am also starting to imagine what a nightmare it must be for those selling watches. How many complaints, accusations, and bad reviews would start to make it not worthwhile? Hopefully, I’ll actually know what that would be like one day though! :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy:

2 Likes

I agree, there isn’t much checking you can do other than running that face on your watch for a couple of days.

2 Likes

That along with “shareware returns” are reasons I’ve not taken my handmade jewelry to Amazon even though they boast of having a handmade section. Too many buyers are treating Amazon like shareware software: try before you buy.

3 Likes

My Son in Law has got some Waterproof Work Boots from Amazon on a 2 week trial . How does that work ? I have managed to make a face that is getting near the memory limit on My watch . A smooth second hand jumps on it so I use Dead Beat . It also takes Ages to Upload to the Server and Download to my watch . @kourosh just check your Graphics are not too big . I think stuff can be reduced to 640x640 and still look good depending how your Anit Aliasing works .
I woud say as the others have ,it is the watch at fault . Reboots and Clear Outs are compulsory for me .

1 Like

Part of my job is tech support (related to printers).
You wouldn’t believe the questions and problems I’m hearing…

There was one lady, a lawyer, she had a printer, threw away the power cable and was very surprised that she needed it…

Most people are too lazy to search for a solution, to learn something new… just want to complain.
So, in most cases I just ignore “step counter doesn’t work on my watch” type of complaint.

3 Likes

Yeah What He Said . Smart Watch Dumb User .

2 Likes

i also ignore these common complaints as there is no point trying to explain what access or control designers have over these variables. Wasted energy…
I gotta say though, I have had some seriously unnecessary comments that really piss me off and test my resolve not to fire back at some of these noobs who don’t know anything and can barely load a watch face, let alone take steps to make everything work. But wow, some of the stuff I hear from people put out because their FREEEEEEEEEEEE watch doesnt work on their watch for whatever reason.

Example: “the temperature is always 13°. just for that it’s not worth it. trash”

I love how the dude says it’s not worth it…ITS FREE DUMBASS! Just delete it and fack off then!

Man… :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy:

3 Likes

Image elements on all my faces have always been the same exact size of 1Kx1K and have never exhibited a visual or operational problem, but this particular face only has 7 image layers.

But I agree, it’s the watch. If anything, I would blame dynamic shades under the digits.

1 Like

Yep yep. In so many cases it’s so bad, that it becomes more of a “smart spoon dumb user” instead :crazy_face: :joy:

2 Likes

Yeah 1kx1k is perfect. I am going for 1280x1280 these days because I like those numbers. I was rendering at 2560x2560. Problomatic :::)))

Oh, don’t get me started. I was a General Motors Dealership line mechanic for 20 years in a town that has a GM factory plant that molds the transmission cases. (Which equals a large number of dumb privileged customers.) You wouldn’t believe the stuff I’ve delt with.

I have had those my fill in the blank doesn’t work complaints also. I have presaved comments that I copy & paste as an answer so I don’t waste my time on something I can’t fix. Here’s an example.

I’m sorry you are having issues. I have been in contact with Facer Support about some of my watch face users having issues with heart rate and step count. They have told me to ask them to turn their watch off, wait a minute then turn it back on. If that does not fix the issue, they would like to hear directly from you. You can contact Facer Support at: https://help.facer.io/hc/en-us/requests/new . They want you to include the watch brand and model number, the operating system version plus the Facer app version you have. Also include a detailed explanation of the issue you are having so they can investigate what might be going on.

The best part is, that statement above is true, I did contact @Facer_Official about that and it’s the answer they gave me to tell them.

6 Likes