Jumping around within a sequence of images

I looked around and didn’t really find something I was looking for and was wondering if there was a way to control how you moved through an image sequence. My thoughts went to an if/then statement to go to a specific position in a sequence if a condition was met. Having a java background I am still trying to understand how to apply that to the code structure here. I have gotten as far as understanding how to hide things using conditions in the opacity fields, but thought using the sequence might be more efficient.

1 Like

As I see it you want to show a collection of images each at a different time period . You talk about Movement As well so those are two different things. It is possible to run M animation in the Background and show it for a specific time then off .
We need to know specifically what you intend and deal with each project at a time .

Yes it would be a conditional you use . To show 4 different images every 4 seconds you could try this in the Opacity Field of each image . Changing the image number for each .
$((floor((#Ds#)/4))%4)=3?100:0$
If you want to show a Sequence in the same manner you have to put the Formula in a position Field and change the numbers as Opacity will not work with Sequences .

4 Likes

Thanks for this. I will give it a try. Trying to treat it kind of like a grid array.

2 Likes

I’m curious to see your results :thinking:

1 Like

Yup . That can be Done . I have seen people do that with Moon Phases . You end up with a rather Massive Image and Facer does not like them too big and it gets called . Please keep us in touch with what you are doing . We all like Novel ways of doing stuff .
If you get stuck I have a test somewhere you can see if you wish .

2 Likes

Speaking of size issue. Should I do images in the standard 320px that seems what everything gets defaulted to when you load an image? Does Facer resize them automatically? I work in a 640px when I make my images, but they always upload as 320px.

2 Likes

Yes Facer does resizes in this case your image

1 Like

I think it is interesting if you take a screenshot of the face in creator it is 960x960 . Posting stuff on here with transparent background is 720x730 , I think the 320X320 in creator is just a grid spacing . I often move stuff 0.5 . Some time ago I was trying to make a scrolling earth map and ended up with something like 320x1280 and facer did not like it .

1 Like

I would make several gifs, as many as you need, with different starting positions.
After that IF something THEN show the .gif you need and want.
I don’t think you can jump to the specific position inside of one sequence/gif.

2 Likes

Remember if you are going to Show Sequences Periodically you need to Set the Trigger to On Wake . Also that Opacity does not work . If you want the whole sequence to play the Period has to be a Function of the RTC ( Real Time Clock ) .

1 Like

I was going to set up a face to let you choose your animation, then I found out about opacity. Can probably jus hide them off the main screen, but you mentioned file size. So, I am going to start keeping an eye on that. Decided to revisit it later and work on something of a themed nature. I have a couple that I have finished, but I need to test drive them for a day before I release them. I, also, think I am going to everything premium, but release a free version too.

2 Likes

Obviously you realise there are no interactives as Such on Free Faces . Yes Hiding them Off Stage is by far the best way of sorting things out .

1 Like

Yeah. The free ones will just be a basic face without a theme picker or any hidden layers or interactions. Currently, the most synched face I have is free so I am going to make some more like it. I really like doing animations and have some neat abstract ones I haven’t used yet.

2 Likes