Just another Moon Phase Watch

After wanting a good minimal moon phase watch face and reading the numerous topics about this topic I finally went and made one. I would dearly love your input before I publish it.

Special thank you to @russellcresser for the 28 phase formula.

5 Likes

It works well in both light and dark mode. The design is very beautiful… Special thanks to @russellcresser :star_struck: :clap: :100:

3 Likes

Very Nice . Your Debut work is very Impressive . No Tumbleweed here .

3 Likes

Thank you for the kind words @sepandar and @russellcresser.

3 Likes

Yes, very nice. Simple, yet looks really good. If I may add something: you could add a filter (black rectangle with opacity 50% for example) over the clouds at new moon.

2 Likes

@tom.vannes That is a good idea, I am going to definitely test it. Thank you.

3 Likes

I think this looks great, with some amazing visuals, very nice work indeed.
My own personal choice would be a different Font, but that’s just to my taste.

2 Likes

@icrltd4 Funny you should mention that, I’ve been tweaking the font, LOL.

1 Like

@tom.vannes I added the mask, and still tweaking opacity and range of days, but right now it will go up at the next new moon (Nov 13).

@icrltd4 I went with rounder font, to test it out.

Here’s the test watch link as I don’t want to mess with a live face. Thank you for the suggestions. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Cool! Sometimes is just those little things that make a difference!

1 Like

Yeah . @cj5159 . Thin Font is Nice . I woul not put a Moon Phase Face Up at New Moon . I would go for the Waxing Gibbous .
Some one mentioned a filter over the scenery to Path in with the Level of Illumination . I know you are up for the Maths on that . Nice Work . Think about an Abstract Battery Gauge .
Excuse me but some would put a slider on one of your separator bars for the battery . I don’t mean to guide your work but I like them symmetric . Running down from each end to the centre :::)))

I agree with the suggestions above :blush: The face looks great, well done!

2 Likes