Just got here, so which way do I go?

I’m a retired graphic designer and photographer, born and raised in New Mexico, but now living in Oklahoma City. Just got my first Apple Watch and would like to take a stab at creating a few faces. I designed GUI’s for a while and thought that just might help out here. I heard the absolute BEST watch faces available are found in this forum.
Since I just walked through the door, any help finding my way around this place will be greatly appreciated!

5 Likes

Hello and welcome Chris.
first thing first, designing for apple watches on Facer has some limitations.
There are 8 layout templates that either let you put in just static background images, or let you split your added features into predefined “windows”. None will update more often than in 15minutes periods.
Here you can check what and how others made. When you point on any face, there should be showing a button saying inspect. It lets you check what is inside and how was it done and you can play with it, it just wont let you save changes.

also check the docs. some are not very detailed, but feel free to ask around the forum, people here are willing to help.
https://help.facercreator.io/hc/en-us

5 Likes

Wow @petruuccios perfect introduction Apple Face Making. A great Welcome to. @ChrisC58.

3 Likes

Agree!

3 Likes

@petruuccios thank you very much!

2 Likes

Welcom @ChrisC58!

3 Likes

Welcome to the community Chris!

1 Like