[KNOWN ISSUE] Sporadic Facer freeze on Samsung smartwatches (Tizen based only)

I have upgraded to the latest Tizen 5.5.02 One UI v 2.0 for the active 2 and everything is back to normal, no lag and works correctly. For a better experience, you will have to reinstall Facer companion from the smartwatch. Greetings.

1 Like

I have uninstalled and reinstalled both facer and the companion app since updating to Tizen v5.5.0.2 and am still having the same problems.

Got a new software update on my Galaxy Watch Active 2 a few hours ago. Facer performance is very good since then. I’ll update my post with more observations after a while.

1 Like

Hi @FourTonMantis! Thanks! Can you share the version number for this new firmware you got?

I’m sad to share that I was too excited and completely wrong. I woke up today to black and completely unresponsive watch face (only the orange notification dot was visible). I needed to change to other watch face (from the Galaxy Store, not from Facer) in order to take control of my watch again. It was quite hard to do so as the watch was very laggy. After I changed the watch face everything started running smoothly.

1 Like

That’s exactly how my Active 2 does. I make it a point to always switch to a Galaxy face for over night. If I check the time during the day and it seems like it takes a little too long to display the face or if the notification dot shows before the face does I do the same. I would love to buy a new Galaxy 3 watch, but I’m not going to until @Facer_Official gets this issue fixed. On the other hand I’m hearing a rumor that Samsung may release a new watch using WearOS instead of Tizen. That might be interesting.

I have the Samsung Galaxy 46" and I absolutely love it :grinning:
Never had any problems with it whatsoever and I’m loving making Faces for it on here.

I seriously think that they have given up on this app. I’ve had this issue for several months and there’s been no resolution and no movement towards it. We’ve all submitted our logs but nothing has changed. I just think they’ve given up on the app or at least its association with Samsung Galaxy watches.

1 Like

rubinsman, I’m sorry you’re experiencing those problems, everything seems to work ok for me on my standard account here, and I own a Samsung Galaxy Watch.

I have a question for you. Is your Galaxy watch the new Galaxy 3 or the original Galaxy from 2018? I have the Galaxy S3 Frontier and it still works perfect with Facer. It’s only the Active 2 that I own that has all the problems.

It’s a Galaxy Watch (BB43), Tizen Version 4.0.0.7, Software R805FXXU1FSL3, Knox 2.4.0, Knox Tizen Wearable SDK 2.4.0, S.E. For Tizen 2.0.0, TIMA 3.0.0, and I purchased it in October 2020. Beyond that I’ve no idea sorry, except that it’s the LTE Model.

OK, I’m betting you have the original Galaxy Watch and not the GW3. The way to make sure is if you have 2 flat buttons on the right side it’s an original, but if you have round buttons that stick out a little bit then its a Galaxy Watch 3.

This is the original version

And this is the new GW3

Galaxy watch LTE has 1.2 RAM I beleive I know for sure higher than 1… Bluetooth version is 750M Ram… You think it has something to do with this deal?

Not really. There is a cut off line in the main software. The original Galaxy watch and the Galaxy S3 Frontier use the same basic software builds. The Active, Active 2 and Galaxy watch 3 uses a different software build that seems effected by the Facer Freeze Bug.

I got the original… and I love it :grin:

1 Like

Well mine is galaxy watch… First version no the 3 neither active versions… I actually had the same issue in 42’ version and changed to 46’ version hoping to get it fixed… But same thing

Sorry you guys seem to be experiencing problems, Samsung have always made top quality screens, I know that at least

I have updated everything but I’m still getting the same problems that other people do. I get the lag where the screen has to catch up. I also get the little yellow dot. but a black screen. I have to play around with it a little bit then I can usually get it back. The stock watch faces work perfectly. It’s definitely Facer.

Unfortunately it seems like there’s no any development in this issue for months, so I gave up on using Facer on my watch. I’ll sure be back when it’s fixed but for now this is the end of my attempts.

@Facer_Official

I opened another topic for this I was told this is the main thread.

I also have a Galaxy Watch3 on Tizen 5.5.0.1 and Facer is causing a huge lag after a day or so. But if I use the Samsung watch faces it is fine.

Does Facer people need more logs?