[KNOWN ISSUE] Sporadic Facer freeze on Samsung smartwatches (Tizen based only)

Is there any further update on this issue? I still cannot use Facer on my Galaxy Watch.

I just received the galaxy watch 4, I have noticed that when I put the Facer spheres when turning my wrist for a second, the screen appears in DIM mode and then the normal one, that did not happen to me before, I had Ticwatch Pro 3 GPS, it happens to you too to you?

1 Like

Not on my Galaxy 46" no, which is still running on older software

1 Like

We talk about this at the last october, and no solution… sad…

Have experienced absolutely nothing like this whatsoever, no lags, freezing or issues at all really. But I am running Tizen 5.5 on Galaxy Active 2

1 Like

Tizen 5.5.0.2 was just pushed to my original Galaxy Watch 46mm. I’m actually quite surprised, didn’t think they were going to ever push another update to this old watch. I turned off AOD mode, which after the update is once again quite snappy. I will update in a few days to advise if the lagginess returns.

2 Likes

Still on 5.5.0.1 here on Galaxy Active . I am one of the lucky ones . Everthing works fine . Apart from the odd crash . But that could be anything.

2 Likes

Today i have got an upgrade (small one), still 5.5.0.2 on Galaxy Watch 46mm, but it seems that memory lag, and freezing, etc… better now… Hope the Facer will same brilliant as it was before…

1 Like

No… shame, but still laggy and have those memory, and sync problem… but hope dies last…

2 Likes

After almost a week of testing, I am satisfied that 5.5.0.2, at least for me, is stable and quick to turn on in normal mode on the galaxy watch. :+1:

2 Likes

That is good news . I have been trying to persuade my watch to get that Tizen . I wonder if it is just for GW4.

I’ve only got the original GW, which is a few years old now. I think GW4 has the new WearOS, so it won’t get this.

1 Like

I am on the Little Galaxy Active. I think they roll out the Updates by Nation or something.

1 Like

I’ve got the (original?) Galaxay Watch 46mm Model SM-R800 which ran fine until a software upgrade about 6 months ago made it start behaving in a somewhat quirky manner. The latest update (5.5.0.2) seems to have made things a bit better, but the watch is still not like it was originally.

Does anyone know if there will ever be a WearOS version for this watch?

1 Like

Luckily for me @birkb my original Galaxy 46" Watch has its’ memory too full to even attempt at installing any software updates, so I’m happily still running on original software with no problems at all :grin:
My Watch 01

2 Likes

Lucky you - is there a way to get back to the original/good watch firmware?

1 Like

I have no idea sorry my friend :worried:

1 Like

From my understanding there is no way to go back to the original software. (If there was I would have done it already with my Galaxy 1) And no, the original Galaxy will not get WearOS.

2 Likes

That’s what I expected. Such a bummer. My fancy watch has turned into a lemon. :lemon:

1 Like

Try get rid of what you can from the memory . Your watch is not finished yet.

1 Like