[KNOWN ISSUE] Sporadic Facer freeze on Samsung smartwatches (Tizen based only)

I’ve already deleted everything I can from the watch. What does “not finished” mean?

1 Like

I did not want to say it is not Dead yet.

Hmmmmm. I’m reminded of an old saying about classified military programs: Those who talk don’t know, and those who know don’t talk.

1 Like

So I’m on 5.1.37.3 Tizen 4.0.0.7 on Galaxy 46.
Everything mostly functional except Alerts don’t
display automatically, the alert pops up but doesn’t
display. If I slide face, the alerts will show as normal.
Should I upgrade Tizen to current version or not
for best usability? Thanks

2 Likes

Forum no use there then : )

I would say leave it as it is.

I’d definitely leave it as it is, with all the problems the newer software seems to be having.

1 Like

…I’d definitely leave it as it is, with all the problems the newer software seems to be having.

Im Having the same issue, and it doesnt matter what face i use. I have tje Galaxy 4 smart watch and the on

I can only run Facer for a few hours on my Galaxy Watch 1st gen. My GW4 “Active” and Classic both do pretty well. By the way whenever I charge my watches, I always turn them off before charging. That way they get restarted often and don’t seem to have the issues that other people’s watches have. I also do that with my Fossil Carlyle test watch and it just keeps on working great. (Unless I forget to shut it off before I charge it.)

1 Like

My GW4 has been freezing a few times lately, and I only ever use Facer Faces.

1 Like

Mine has only done that once and that was when I was busy and didn’t even look at my watch for several hours. It hasn’t done that since that one time. So, I don’t know if I have the issue or if it was a one time thing.

1 Like

I just updated the Facer app on my Android phone and installed it on my Galaxy 46 mm. Now I am unable to sync a watch face I made myself. I even tried publishing a duplicate of the face just to ensure it wasn’t a problem with my face’s file on the Facer system. but that duplicate failed to sync also.

I am able to sync Samsung faces, so I’m pretty sure there is something wrong with the Facer app as installed on my watch.

1 Like

Did you have the Facer App selected as your Watch Face before trying a Sync? I have to ask stupid questions as I do not know what you have tried. I would reinstall the Facer Companion app from the Galaxy store. If that does not do it do the Facer app on your Phone. Check your permissions the might gave changed with the Phone App update. Switch them all on and the Manual power management. Make sure your Bluetooth is working well.

Yes, I have done all that - reinstalled Facer app, rebooted watch & phone, verified Samsung app connects OK. Nothing helps.

1 Like

Yeah. Working with you on this. I got a Sync in the end. See your other Post. This is a bit Off Topic here. Catch you on your New Topic on this Issue. :slightly_smiling_face:

If it’s an original Galaxy 46" then that update has screwed it all up I’m sorry to say. I had the original 46" and had the same problem, so I sold it and got the new GW4 instead.

2 Likes

It was even worse on the Gear S3 Frontier. I ended up giving mine away to my wife’s grandson. He only used Samsung faces anyway so it will work fine for him.

1 Like