Kuddos to Russell

Hey everyone, some of you know me by now,
Irritating newbie with to many questions I’m sure
Haha

I was told by @russellcresser that I did not need to do this but, he has been so helpful and patient with me that he deserves much Kuddos by yours truly.

I’ve asked many of the guys that have the paid version of the creator software for help most of which say the sake things, either no, or, it’s not possible.

@russellcresser said let me look into it.

If you’ve paid attention over the last few days you’ve seen him post some WIP projects.

Not only did he get the things I wanted working but went a step or 50 beyond and added extras that he thought i.might like, I loved them.

Not only did he do it but with the free version which says alot

You are a man among men my friend

Anybody in the UK, buy this gentleman and drink

7 Likes

Thank for you kind words. I think you will find generally that Partners will not do requests. They are on thier own programs of work. We Amaters can pick Requests up as we have a bit more Time on our Hands.
To be Fair I hit the ground running with this one having been given a pic of a Face you like.
I was a pleasure to do. You did not Pester me at all. The Series is popular which is always nice.
Thanks again.

6439605_sd

ONE OF THE RESULTS

6 Likes

Russell is a genuine, helpful and intelligent person. We are all very very fortunate to have him in our community! I don’t know how he makes the time to help so many.

4 Likes

You are Very Kind . It is about paying back for the Help I got in my Early Days .

2 Likes

BTW . I was not looking for more credit than I deserve . I forgot that adding to this would bring it to the top again . I was just trying to get a link to the work we did . I had taken down the Watch that Tom Posted the link for . It got Superseded by a Later version and I deleted it .

1 Like

Always the gentlman Sir

Expected or not Kuddos are well deserved.

Not just for the work on this face but the time, energy, and dedication to this site you give freely.

:wink:

5 Likes

Russell, you’ve been nothing but the best. You’ve always been a great help since I started creating faces and couldn’t do it without your generosity. Thx so much and keep facing. Scott

2 Likes

Ha Ha. Thanks. We all Ride on the Shoulders of the Giants. I would be able to do nothing if it was not for Open Source.

1 Like

It’s been said many times: our friend russellcresser is one of the people who makes this community a better and more pleasant place.

ezgif.com-gif-maker

2 Likes

You are Too Kind. As a senior in the workshops I worked in it was my Privilige to try pass on some of what I had learnt over the years. In my early days I had yo watch out the corner of my Eye what the seniors were up to. Fair in a way since they developed the Game. I wish I was a Better Instructor. Making Test and helping People is just Showing off really :::)))

2 Likes

And @masterboyhr also Kudos to you. Contribution to the Community is what keeps it alive… BTW others are discovering New Tags. I do not know if there is a list somewhere. Have a look arround (#DZ#)
Also some new expressions like (toFixed(#Dsm#, 2))
This saves a lot of Maths.

2 Likes

Yes, when I updated Facer app I’ve seen that Facer said: new tags.
I didn’t find any.

So if you find new tags please make a new topic with explanation about what’s new.

2 Likes

Well that is a good Idea .
Lots of work .
I recently got a GW4 Classic and am actually looking at the Samsung WatchFaceStudio platform and my PRO upgrade .

I’ve tried WatchFaceStudio and I must say I like Facer better.
There are, of course, PROs and CONs, but I think you can do more things with Facer.
WFS is based on using complications not math.

1 Like

You can do maths in WFS it is a bit different .

I admit I didn’t play with WFS for long, one of the reasons I’ll stick with Facer is this community.

I hoped that WFS will give me the option to use Samsung Health data, like live heartrate, calories, floors… but it does not. In fact, there are less tags I can use.

1 Like

I have seen some health stuff I am sure. Try catch me on thier Community.

Thanks but I’ll stick to Facer. :wink:

It’s not my intention to sell watchfaces so I don’t see the point of learning how to use WFS. I just don’t feel like it.
Maybe one day.

1 Like

Yeah same as. I just made a couple of ECO Faces for checkung Power Consumption. I made a couple of nice ones for my Tizen . Just exploring what WOS3 has to offer. I note thst the call the Motion Sensor Gyro and Accelerometer. They are as confused as Facer and they make the Watches .

I must say I didn’t try making watchfaces for Tizen so I don’t know anything about it.
I’ve only tried new WatchFaceStudio for watch4/5.

I had watch3 and Tizen gave all Health options, I loved it.
Then I upgraded to watch4 and expected that everything will be better. And many things really are better, watch4 is much better than watch3, but I was very surprised that all health features are now hidden. No live heartrate, no callories…
I cannot understand why. Found no explanation on web.

1 Like