Large-digit LCD

My one and only retro replica based on this clock in the Oxford University examinations hall -

My attempt which I am proud of considering everything was drawn by me…

4 Likes

Very Nice @BIELITZ . I am very sorry but I would like to see a bit more of the Oxford Blue in there . I must have another look . Is there an abstract battery Gauge hidden in there .

1 Like

This is a replica so no extra Oxford blue - it is as near as damn it is to swearing a good copy. There’s no hidden battery gauge on the active face. There is however, one on the AOD dim face. This was one of my earlier attempts at designing and it was a phase I had where the double dots between the hours and minutes flashed red when the battery was low.

1 Like

Ok I see .

What’s the name of the font you used? If you don’t know or don’t want to tell, that’s fine

1 Like

I appreciate an easy to read watch face, as my eyes are not what they used to be. Well done!

3 Likes

It’s a proprietary font I created.

1 Like

Ok, Thanks

1 Like

My final de-bezeled “interpretation” on the left, Benrus watch on the right, very detailed MIL-W-50717 design specs in between and below. I started with that sizing/placement diagram I posted earlier, made to scale according to the spec’s given dimensions. Watch(es) made by one or more other manufacturers deviated from the specs, most notably the triangle markers and dimensions of the hands.

This face isn’t all that different from the other military recreations I’ve already published, but it is different enough that I had to do it just for the fun of doing it.

4 Likes

Museum Piece I would say . It is Beautiful .

1 Like

Now THIS is a museum piece, a 6" military clock with its own mil-spec standard. That wooden case alone can be a collectible item!
http://everyspec.com/MIL-SPECS/MIL-SPECS-MIL-C/download.php?spec=MIL-C-3956C.033130.pdf

4 Likes

Wow . That looks like it came from a Tank . Chunky Nice Bezel Lock or whatever . Yuo real are into Retro .

1 Like