Layer Properties / Tags...where'd the go? They won't display

Is there any solution to creator.exe (faver desktop app) not showing player properties? That is what the topic was originally opened for. Any news on that?

1 Like

It seems to be true. I haven’t seen this panel before.

1 Like

I’m still working through the browser, I hope the changes in the app will improve it. Let’s be positive and wait :wink:

Sorry, I imagine the Facer guys are looking into it. In the meantime, can you check if you have the latest version of the app and post the version and date of the .exe file?

I just downloaded the current ( Beta ) version of the desktop version. The EXE is dated December 2018. There have been a number of significant and useful updates to the browser version since then. I have no knowledge of the development plans for the desktop version, so I can’t say when it might be updated. In the meantime, if you want to take advantage of the latest features you could consider switching to the browser version for now. If you do, I recommend that you make sure that you have the most recent version of the browser installed ( I know my older version of Chrome had issues but is working fine now that I updated it ).

1 Like

@Linlay Using firefox and facer a little bit slower doesn´t matter - means changing browser for some more performance in facer is not really what I want to do. I´ll first clean firefox and see what happens :slight_smile:

The question is: What happend to the desktop app. This is what I use mainly (or would like to use)
.exe is 4.0.0.1 / Dec, 10th 2018
Windows is win 10 Home Version 1909 / Feb. 2020

1 Like

That’s all we really can do. I still can use online browser version to make faces, which isn’t bad. But I really love the app :heart:

I think the windows app is just a shell around some browser or something, because I have been using the desktop app (it says 4.0.0.0 when starting) and all the browser changes are there as well. It also shows a version and copyright in the bottom left which is the same as in a browser:
Performance actually degraded since those last updates, so that’s a shame…
The side panel is visible and works for me in the desktop app.

1 Like

Ok that is interesting - I just assumed the desktop version was able to run when the pc was offline and therefore had to have all the code in the executable. So it seems instead you are saying that it still requires an online connection, is that right? Or maybe it runs from some sort of local cached store of code - so only periodic connection is needed to update the cache.

Strange that it works for you and not for @fvisca. I wonder what could be going on there.

For me, unfortunately, this also doesn’t work. I also understand that this is a web application, which depends on the Internet connection for its functionality.

1 Like

Mmm, ok…

I know this is a bit off topic but I just wonder what the point of the app is then… If it still needs an online connection, why not just use a browser? I assume there is a very good reason why the Facer guys went to the trouble of developing it, I just wonder what it is :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve never used a desktop app for Facer, so I have no idea. If it hasn’t been updated for over a year, it is understandable that things may not work.

Personally, I already have enough tabs open in the browser, so it was more convenient for me to work in the app.

1 Like

Ok. Is there a performance advantage as well?

Compared to working in firefox, I didn’t notice, maybe if I had worked initially in chrome or opera, I would have noticed something.

1 Like

Thanks. When all this is sorted I might give it a try.

1 Like

I downloaded the “current” windows app from facer website (facer . io) it is from 2018 (version 4.0.0.1). I removed my version and installed this one. I’m assuming the © 2016 is when they got their copyright license and not the update year stamp.
It recommended that I make sure I have all my .NET framework updated for Windows, which I did have one update. Still nothing. I don’t see layer properties in app. I do see them going through facer.io in my chrome browser. Weird. I do prefer the app over the browser. But as along as I can still make watch faces, I guess it’s ok. But being a tech-ie guy, I’d like to know what the problem is and how to resolve it. It may just be a glitch or developer issue. Weird.

1 Like

For me it used to perform like Edge (or whatever was performing best), since this update the performance went down and now it is similar to the other browsers that don’t perform so well.

Ok. Thanks.

Hi all!

The invisible Layer Property panel should now be fixed. Can you confirm on your side?