Location on watch face

I have used facer for years. The only thing i canr do is get it to give me my location and not the trailer park. I have tried different ways to get this to work. No luck. To this fayI avoid faces with location. Pleas tell me what needs to change.
Thanks Bob

2 Likes

Do you have location turned on in both your watch and phone? Second does Facer have permission to access data on your watch and phone in regard to location? According to their tags for the creators to use in making watch faces. Location is part of the weather tags.

The weather comes from OpenWeather and is not specific to your exact location but is for the region you are in. There are others who have stated that the location the watch gives is not where they really are. I believe this is do to the broad area that OpenWeather covers as your “location”. I’m not sure there is anything we or Facer can do about that. Your best option would be to contact @Facer_Official at: https://help.facer.io/hc/en-us/requests/new or email them at: facer-support@little-labs.com and ask them about your issue with location.

4 Likes

You can use LAT and LNG. To give you you location but it is difficult to match that to a map of the trailer park. You have scale issues and what maps you make.

2 Likes

As @mrantisocialguy wrote, the faces that show location are using weather location tag. That means they read the location of last read weather data source (aka. name of location of a nearby or distant weather station). Facer has no other tag for location. I can imagine there could be tag for the cellular info from connected phone (location name of connected cellular station). But no idea how hard it would be for Facer to implement.

3 Likes

Yeah, unfortunately, the way it is. I live in a city called St. John’s. One of only four on the very large island that I live, and its the capital city. But instead of the name of the city, we get the name Fort William, which is the name of the fort used to protect the city in the 17th and 18th century. That fort was demolished in 1881. :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

LOL, and I live in a place that has the same name as another town only 1.5h away and to differentiate the 2 towns, they added the region to my town. The name is so long I need to use such a small font that you cannot read it anymore.

2 Likes

@tom.vannes . It is a bit of a Pain but you could scroll the Location across the screen .

2 Likes

Now that is something I hadn’t thought about!

1 Like

indeed, good point! got to try that…

1 Like

Ok thanks for your thoughts on this topic. I believe that is as clear an answer i could have hoped for.

1 Like