Lock on Lock off screen

We now have a solution thanks to Petr Patočka (HaDe). He was humble enough to look at my watchface and find the possible bottlenecks. I am placing it here for absolute clarification to the community.

So, this is what I had in my X Position:
XPos: 293$#VAR_1#==1?160:-500$ (I basically placed the expression after the X position (293) and, it worked with earlier versions of GW(Tizen), etc.)

Note: This however, as Petr pointed out, takes a lot of resources as it has to work double time and GW4 (Watch 4) does not count the 293 before the expression when it comes round a second time as it reads it as plain text.

So the solution:
XPos: $#VAR_1#==0?293:-500$ ← This is the correct expression as suggested by Petr and, it worked perfect.

So, Thank you Petr for this clarification. That was awesome! :clap: :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I’m also a GW4 user and found this thread today when I was looking for a way to toggle interactive areas on and off. Petr’s formula #VAR_1#==1?160:-500$ for the X position works fine for Chrono, Var Toggle, and App Launcher elements in my face design.

However, I have a problem when I try to apply the same formula to Customisable Complications. If I make such a change then Facer Creator Pro refuses to save the design. It also refuses to save to the watch. In both cases, the ‘saving’ icon just keeps rippling away (for over an hour on one occasion) and never reaches the end. I’m using VAR_2 and different default X values but that seems unlikely to create any issues.

When I toggle the value of VAR_2 in Facer Creator’s Preview mode the affected Customisable Complication pops in and out of view, as expected. The failure to save a setting that works fine in Preview mode looks like a bug to me.

Hi David, if I may ask you, what customizable complication are you using this expression with? You may want to replace the 1 with a “0”. So, $#VAR_2#==0?160:-500$. However, the issue that you have seems to be of a different kind…one of saving the design. Hmm! See if using it in Opacity instead of XPos gives you results and, if that does not work try using a positive value to send it off the screen i.e. 500 instead of -500.

So, it seems like a bug to me if it previews but, not save. Perhaps, there is another way to do it. GW4 is not exactly the same as Tizen and I realize that.

Hi Ivan,
When I was testing the toggling of VAR_2, I was using a positive number for the alternative X value. It was something like 355, which moved the complication to just beyond my watch face but still visible in the edit window.

I’ve tried your suggestion of modifying the opacity instead of the X position. Such a change can be saved but, sadly, it doesn’t work. A Customisable Complication is not disabled by giving it zero opacity.

BTW, I tried applying the formula to the Y position. This worked fine in Preview Mode, but like the X position, it was impossible to save.

Yes David you are right that customizable complication is not disabled by “0” Opacity. It is perhaps a bug. I was about to say that you could test it on some other watch like a Tizen but, the question still remains you are unable to save. Perhaps, you could give a shout out to Petr (reply in any one of his comments) and, I am sure he has a solution. He uses a GW4 too.

It really can’t be saved. I sent a question to Facer as a partner. I’ll let you know the result.

1 Like

Thanks, Petr.