Marvel characters

Hey gang. Are we allowed to publish (free of course) faces with Marvel characters?

1 Like

Theoretically, no. If Disney ever enforces their IP, your account will get a strike. You can gauge how safe it is by seeing how many Marvel-themed watches are available now, but publishing copyrighted images is a roll of the dice, every time.

If you want to check out the terms of service for Facer, you can find them here:

You will see that they say that you are not permitted to publish faces that contain images that you do not own or that you do not have permission to use.

If you search on-line for creative-commons or “free-to-use” images ( and double check the licence terms ) you will be able to find a huge number of images that you are allowed to use ( sometime you may have to give credit to the author ).

Having said that, I’m not sure that Marvel images would generally fall into that category and you would probably need to contact the owners of the Intellectual Property to see if they are happy for you to use their images. You might also do a search for official Marvel fan sites and see if there is any official information on the use of Marvel image.

As an aside, copyright law relates to publishing not price. That is, there is no difference in the law between publishing images for free or for profit. Sometimes the owners of images are happy to grant a licence to use their images if they are not going to be used for profit but that is entirely a matter for each owner and not a distinction in the law.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply everyone. I was really just curious. I thought I missed something. Have a great weekend!

1 Like

Seriously?!

If it weren’t for your profile picture, I’d have thought you worked for IP department of the CCP.

Just don’t mate. If it makes it easier to apply the theory in the long run, ask yourself three simple questions:

1. Did I create it
  2. Did I create it
  3. Did I create it

You don’t need to copy mate IP, you’re better than that.

Cheers

R