Metric Temperatures iPhone Watch Face

I’ve read numerous older posts about this issue, but I don’t seem to be able to locate a solution. I created a watch face (facer.io site) for my Apple Watch that shows the weather and the current temperature, but it shows in *F and I want it in *C.

I checked my Apple Watch settings for regional type things - I found nothing Metric/Imperial related.
I checked all the settings on my iphone - my Language/Region is set to *C.
I checked in the Facer app on my iPhone, but found nothing that pertained to Metric vs Imperial.
I checked the Facer.io site when creating the watch face, I found no way to switch the settings there.
I checked the Facer app on my watch. Nothing.

So, I beg of you - how do I fix this on my iPhone / Apple Watch.

Thanks in advance.
JaicsGamerHouse

1 Like

Welcome @jhouse73. Lots of questions there.
There must be a setting on your watch for C / F Imperial / Metric. I do not have an Apple Watch. There are a few in the Community who do.

On Creator this is what you are looking for.

2 Likes

I also don’t have an Apple watch, but one of our other contributors here in the community does and she gave me the information on how to do it.

I would suggest you try going to Settings> scroll down to Workout, in Workout> scroll down to Units of Measurement> In Units of Measurement you can change whatever you need, feet, meters, pounds, kilos etc. And for temperature: Settings/General/Language & Region OR settings/weather/temperature unit and select temperature unit F or C. Hopefully Facer will respond according to the settings in your watch. (It may take a few minutes to update on your watch after you change it.) If you’re not sure where to go in the watch, this YouTube video will get you started: Apple Watch 7: How to Change Unit of Measurement to Calories/Kilojoules/Kilocalories - YouTube

2 Likes

Bravo that’s MAGic. Topic Bookmarked and I don’t have an Apple watch .

1 Like

Thanks for this. Wasn’t aware that setting was there, but I wasn’t able to set the Temperature option within this section. Only the following can be set:
Energy Units (Calories, Kilocalories, Kilojoules)
Pool Length Units (Yards, Meters)
Cycling Workouts (Miles, Kilometers)
Walking/Running Units (Miles, Kilometers)

Helpful to know that - although, I’m curious if I change my iPhone settings to Imperial (for testing purposes only), do these all switch from the metric option to the imperial option. A test for another day.

I did check the Temperature option you mentioned (Settings/General/Language & Region (not available on Apple Watch v8.7). It’s available on my phone through the Apple Watch settings, but there’s no Temperature option there.
And Settings/Weather/Temperature - I don’t have Weather available, but will look into syncing that later, but I do have the Weather Network app which displays in Celsius.

Thanks for the info.

1 Like

This pointed me to what I needed - I think. I went and updated the setting accordingly as per your pictures…

But when I synced the watch face through my phone and made it my current watch face (I removed the previous iteration first), it remains Fahrenheit.

So, I’m still stuck :thinking:

1 Like

And the preview on the watch face updated to show Celsius

1 Like

That screenshot , as the one I posted only shows that the change can be simulated in Creator . I thought we were talking about Creating Faces . There will be a setting on your Watch . As MAG has outlined . The setting may not be in the Health Department . It is more Likely to be something to do with the Weather setting s or General . IE GPS etc

1 Like

Ya, I’m baffled. Everything on my watch, phone is set to Metric. Shows metric everywhere I look - except in the temperature setting for the watch face I created and it remains in Fahrenheit.

Not sure where else to look.

1 Like

I installed the Weather app after reading this on the Apple site:

The temperature unit cannot be changed directly on your Apple Watch. To change to Fahrenheit on your Apple Watch: On your iPhone, in the Weather app, tap on °C / °F to switch between units . The change will be reflected automatically in the Weather app (and its watch face complications) on your Apple Watch
Source: Apple.com

I reinstalled the Weather app, confirmed the setting to be Metric (Celsius), rebooted my Apple watch and refreshed the Complications and it remains Fahrenheit :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

That is the reason on the Apple watch faces that I have been making I include both the Fahrenheit and Celsius temperatures. It’s just an additional temperature element with a conversion code. I use the standard #WCT#°#WM# for one and here is the coding I use for the other one.

$#WM#==F?((round(((#WCT#-32)/1.8)*1))/1)°C:(round(#WCT#*1.8)+32)°F$

That way if someone does get the temperature to switch it will automatically switch the extra temperature from Celsius to Fahrenheit. That way everyone is happy.

2 Likes

You brilliant sunuva **tch! That worked!

Thank you very much!!

1 Like

Now, if you can only show me how to adjust the font size based on the number of characters.
Step Count:
If length = 1 or 2 or 3, 55
if length = 4, 48
if length >= 5, 36

I know it’s a separate ask, but while I have your amazing brain and attention.

1 Like

Probably the easiest way would be three step elements with the size of font you want for each number of digits all placed in the same area. Then use opacity for three digits use $(#ZSC#)<1000?100:0$. For 4 digits use $(#ZSC#)>999&&#ZSC#<10000?100:0$. And finally, $(#ZSC#)>9999?100:0$.

I’ve tried changing the actual font size with similar expressions, but I’ve had some very unexpected results at times, so I refrain from doing it that way.

2 Likes

Yeah . When you changer the font size you have to move it up and down and left and right . So that would be three tags you changed .

2 Likes

Thanks again. I’ve made the changes. I’ll wait and see how and if the font size changes take effect.

Fingers crossed.

2 Likes

As long as they work in the creator, they should work in the watch.

1 Like