Modes for faces

Hi all, I am new to facer here. This app is amazing, but I have a question about the two modes. I have a Galaxy watch 4, but I can’t seem to get dim mode/standby working from active mode. Are there specific settings to set this up? I tried looking around but didn’t find any solutions.

2 Likes

Welcome to the community! If you go into the quick settings at the top of the G4 watch you will find this toggle somewhere in there.

20220109_142909

By clicking that watch looking icon and having it highlighted in blue like the picture above, you will have enabled AOD/Ambient mode. It will start keeping a dim version of the watch face you are using Galaxy or Facer on 24/7. Just be forewarned, your battery life will suffer.

2 Likes

Thanks! Also, I have AOD on, but watch won’t actually dim. It just freezes the face except for the clock part.

I have a Fossil Gen 6 and that does dim the screen a little. On some of my faces though, I also add a dimming layer visible only on the DIM screen that is a 160 radius black circle with opacity of 10-20%

1 Like

That all depends on how the creator designed the face. My Fossil Carlyle that I test with drops the AOD brightness by 30%-40%. My Galaxy 4 drops the brightness only by about 20%. As for the face freezing all watches (that I’m aware of) only update once a minute in AOD/Ambient mode. That is done for battery saving, just like dimming the display. The problem is every watch maker has different ways of handling AOD/Ambient mode. The TicWatch Pro series uses an LCD screen above the OLED screen. I would consider buying one of them except to see the regular face you “have” to push a button. If you just raise the watch up to view like normal to trigger the screen on, all you get is the LCD. I don’t care for that function working like that, but to each their own.

2 Likes

Ok, thank you for the info. Appreciated. :slightly_smiling_face: