Is anyone getting the same issue I’m getting?
Using the tag #DMMM# which should give a 3 character month ( SEP ) is giving me a 4 character month ( SEPT ) on my watch but not in Creator. Obviously this is a pain after you’ve set everything out and then find it mucked up on a test sync.
A ticket has been raised with all the usual links and photo’s and Ricardo is aware. Just curious if anyone is getting the same quirk on their watches.
1 Like
Common problem across all platforms unless your Language is set to English American .
1 Like
I know what you mean but this seems like a new problem that reared it’s head over a week ago. At first I thought it was the Companion app on the watch, but then that got another update and the problem is still there.
Will just have to see what Facer come back with.
1 Like
As far as I know the issue has been arround for ages . Facer might have updated their Language Data Base . I had the exact same issue on Watchmaker . Some Master gave me the solution which involves a String Manipulation . Sadly this is not possible on Facer or WFS as far as I know . I share the LUA Formula out of intrest but it is no use to you at all . It analyses the string and returns it with three Chrs only . I have done two CHR Month / Day before but by Masking . If you us a Monospaced font the mask will hide a third or fourth CHR . But of course your mask has to be the same as your Background . For that reason you got to love an OLED face .
.
string.sub({dnnn},1,3)
In this instance I was using the #DM# tag in the opacity field to show all the #DMMM#'s individually at different sizes due to the face design. Using the #DMMM# tag so that it would translate into other languages.
1 Like
I noticed this just recently.
It is correct in Face, but on the watch it ends up 4 letters!
I guess for now, one option is to use:
`$#DM#=1?JAN:$$#DM#=2?FEB:$$#DM#=3?MAR:$$#DM#=4?APR:$$#DM#=5?MAY:$$#DM#=6?JUN:$$#DM#=7?JUL:$$#DM#=8?AUG:$$#DM#=9?SEP:$$#DM#=10?OCT:$$#DM#=11?NOV:$$#DM#=12?DEC:$`
1 Like
Yes, a great workaround for the English speakers, but then I get a load of comments saying the date won’t translate to French or Spanish, like using a png text image for the day of the week.
It’s definitely a bug that needs addressing by a Facer dev.
2 Likes
Yes. I have the same problem with one particular design. This never used to be the case.
I’ve had some correspondence with Ricardo and it looks like all we can do at the moment is work around the bug. They are still trying to determine whether this is a regional formatting difference or an inconsistency between Creator and Facer on the watch.
1 Like
Update.
We have a fix, and it will be deployed soon.
3 Likes