My Faces Won't Save Or Publish

2 days on the trot now my Faces I’m creating won’t save or Publish, they just hang on the Saving or Publishing page. I’ve only 3 Sequences and 1 scrolling Text, not too many elements at all. I’m really pi##ed off with this now, total waste of my time being here.
Grrrr

2 Likes

I’ve had that happen to me before. It’s usually a bad network connection on Facer’s end. I made some faces yesterday and they all saved, but I noticed that it was a little slower than normal.

2 Likes

Oh Dear .
That is not good .

The only time that happened to me I had a couple of lines of code with a serious Syntax error.
I can not remember how I managed to get the code over to Lucky Andrei ( Bless Him ) but he found the errors and things started working again .
It was not about memory overload.
I know the apps updated today so may be we are in the middle of some update on Creator.
Are you working on Beta.
I have not gone back to standard since they sorted out the Inspection Enable switch .

If there is any way you can post the Tag Formulas I will test them for you .

Please stick with it .

You Know it will be sorted.

1 Like

Thanks guys, I haven’t even bothered turning the laptop back on since then. I already know the Tag/Formulas are working just fine thanks, I had it all ready to Publish twice now. I “might” try again tomorrow in the Beta instead, it’s a pretty cool Christmas Face, and I saved all the Info I needed to on a Notepad file just in case :grin: Forward thinking lol

2 Likes

Good call . A few days till Christmas Yet . I was going to do a snow globe thing Haven’t started it yet.

1 Like

Managed to get it all created again, using Beta, published it, left Beta, edited it, and everything seems to be working ok now…guess it was just a bug. Good luck with the Snow Globe my friend, I actually had one as a sequence my Merry Christmas Face earlier, which had Santa skiing around inside it :laughing: Here’s the one I just made now anyway, which I actually think it quite nice…

3 Likes

Yeah . Nice one . I liked the Santa in the Snow globe or thought I did. Not syncing everything these days. I wonder why you went back to Creator STD to EDIT something.

1 Like

After syncing to my Watch I just thought I’d make the Sleigh Riding Santa sequence a little larger :grin: Oh, and I don’t particularly like the Beta :laughing:

1 Like

Trouble is Facer are not going to do any more debugging on Facer STD one day and Beta7 will be the new standard. I have switched ove now. Some of it I really like.

You were obviously not sent this.

Facer_OfficialFacer Staff

1h

Hi all,

There was a bug introduced in the latest Facer Android beta that caused issues syncing with Tizen based watches. It is now fixed in beta with version facer_5.1.72_116083_beta.

Thanks for your patience and sorry for the glitch

1 Like

@russellcresser and @icrltd4
Personally I am avoiding the Beta version just because I tend not to be an early adopter. I’ll just wait until they finish “baking” it and will adopt it when I have no other options. :laughing: Though I am seriously considering buying a Galaxy Watch 4. Just trying to decide between the 46mm Classic or the regular 44mm. I’m not sure that twisty ring is worth an additional $75 or not. The reason I’m considering another watch is I’ve noticing my S3 Frontier is getting a little down on battery longevity. I figure it’s going to end up with me not being able to wear it as a watch so I will just relegate it to testing purposes only when that happens.

2 Likes

@mrantisocialguy
I would personally stretch your budget to get the one with the Twisty Ring. I feel that the display will come nearer to the edge on that one and you will get a longer battery life as it must be a bit bigger . Go on Spoil yourself . Did Does the S3 Frontier have a compass ? I am sure no Galaxy s have them .

1 Like

I have the S3 a Galaxy 1 watch and I did have an Active 2 that I sold to my son-in-law. None of them had a compass function.

2 Likes

Thanks for all your replies here guys…

1 Like

NICE work. Hmm for some reason today, the 17th, I can save, but can’t upload anything to my watch today. Rebooted everything and still won’t upload to watch. Will try again tomorrow.

2 Likes

Yeah . I had trouble today. Syncing a face. Rebooted everything and got it in the end. Facer has been sticky for a couple of days . I blame the Weather : )

1 Like

Well I bit the bullet and ordered the GW4 Classic. Turns out that with my wife’s Walmart associate discount I got the watch and a metal watch band for it for $354 plus free shipping. That’s on a $349 watch and $20 watch band. That’s a pre Black Friday deal that’s hard to pass on. :grin:

3 Likes

Looking forward to the news. It will be nice with a metal band. Great Stuff. :+1::slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Nice one, I’ll have one too please :joy:

2 Likes

I just got a notice from my FedEx app saying it’s on the truck for delivery today. I’ll let you know how it goes and what it’s like. I bought it for myself as a reward for going through COVID back in September. :laughing:

2 Likes

2 Likes