My first time with Illustrator

3 Likes

Question that could be useful to everyone: What software do you use for your watch faces?

Looks good and I’m using Facer Creator.

1 Like

Looks great @amzerwatch. I like the progress bars for the time. :+1:

What software do we use for our watch faces? Do you mean graphics software? I use Paint.net. If you try that, don’t forget to install the pluggins for it from it’s home page forums. They are essential. I use this one because I’m not very good with graphics, but this one is quite easy & dumb proof, so I do ok. I find photoshop too difficult.

3 Likes

Photoshop. If you use Illustrator because it’s vector based, might be good for you all to know that Photoshop also has vector based image creation and is MUCH more forgiving and flexible than Illustrator.

2 Likes

I have to agree, I use Paint .net for my graphics. Plug-ins are a must for added flexibility.

2 Likes

Yes I agree with you @Rator, I usually use Photoshop but I wanted to test Illustrator, to see the difference

2 Likes

Thanks @bradtc, I like using progress bars.

I don’t know paint.net, I’ll go see what it looks like, it might be nice.

1 Like

To assemble faces I use Galaxy watch designer and Facer. To prepare images i use gimp and powerpoint.

2 Likes

Photoshop. Once in a while if I need to create a shape with accurate/measured symmetry, I start in Visio just for that shape, then I export it to PNG and continue in Photoshop.

2 Likes

I use Affinity Designer. I wish Adobe Fireworks was still around. The best vector app I’ve ever used, but terribly inefficient. Affinity Designer is the closest I’ve found to Fireworks, but without the inefficiency. I’m going to get Affinity Photo shortly, so hopefully have the same kind of round trip experience I had with Lightroom and Photoshop for photos. I love working with vectors, but sometimes you need a pixel pusher. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I misread the original post sorry. I only have free and simple software to use myself, which is mainly Paint 3D and Real World Paint.

@icrltd4

Gimp buddy, its free and powerful

5 Likes

I downloaded that a while ago on somebodys recommendation, but found it too awkward and confusing for my simple brain :brain: Thanks for the suggestion though :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Understood sir

It is hard to get started with, like Photoshop, lotts of tools to tinker with

But

Lots of time and patience with a dash of sheer will power needed

All of which i lack

Haha

3 Likes

Thanks @tom.itssos :+1:, I’ll look at that.

2 Likes

Here’s the one I find most useful -

2 Likes

I’m going to check that one out. BTW I may have to ask you some questions later in a message. :grin:

2 Likes

As I mentioned in another thread, and I don’t get kickbacks, Affinity Designer is currently half price. I don’t know what it is in other countries, but in Canada, it’s $37. Can’t buy much for that these days. Less than half a tank of gas, that’s for sure. Anyway, low risk gamble for those looking for something, but don’t know what.

2 Likes

You suggested affinity to me last week and I love it. Can not be beat for price.

2 Likes