My latest ISOMETRIC creation

Hey all,

Just putting the finishing touches on my new “Isometric Weather” face and thought I’d put it up here first for your scrutiny. Gotta say, this one took a while as there is A LOT of drawing here. As you may or may not know, isometric design is a way of drawing in a 2D environment to emulate 3D, and is commonly seen in everything from video games to advertising. I just love it, and i think it makes for a fun, unique way to make watch faces. By no means am i an expert at this type of drawing but I am honing my skills with each project and I hope to make even more complex and interesting faces like this in the future.

Im not sure how it will perform as there is a ridiculous amount of layers in this one (comes in at 25mb), but so far so good on my watch. I left it in inspection mode so interested peeps can cycle through the weather conditions and power meters. Im still on the fence about my AOD; should i leave all those elements there or strip it all out and just keep the time? Colors are purposely in high contrast as that is a common theme with isometric design.

Anyway, check it out and let me know what you think…I’m interested to see.

Thanks.

10 Likes

That’s quite different and works quite well, nice job :+1:
For AOD, I’d keep the Time and Battery levels myself.

3 Likes

Really intriguing and different watchface.

Huge amount of work!

3 Likes

FUCK. Sorry to be Rude. You are not Frightened of Work. I think you Have become the Master of Isometric.
Axonometric next. :thinking::rofl::smile::sunglasses::joy::grin:

4 Likes

Axonometric…axon, axon…ahh? how about Zaxon? maybe that’s the next project. I’m dating myself but it was an isometric video game from the 80’s

2 Likes

You got me there. I had to Google that. What ever you do do not use the word Zaxxon any where in you Publication. Don’t even think it. :smile::rofl::joy:

Mine was " Elite " on the BBC B. Built my own Jostick for Game port because they made it easy. Great Machine. Structured Basic. Oh Those were the Days. Parallel Port too.

2 Likes

Your work is impressive and visually appealing. Everything seems to be very bright, crisp and readable. Great job, I used to draw suppression systems piping with isometrics in autocad back before the 3d version😏. Used it a lot for graphics on touch screen controllers in industrial applications also. Nice job keep up the great work!

1 Like

It sucks they wont let us sync unpublished anymore😪 Would love to see on my watch! Does anyone know of a work around?

1 Like

I’ll publish it on Monday. Follow me and you’ll get it. I also have a couple of other isometric projects I made in my profile.

Thanks for your kind words.

2 Likes

yes, you want to publish after midnight Sunday night/ Monday morning for best chart visibility.

1 Like

Yup, I got high hopes for this one… But man this crowd is hard to read. Hehe

I still gotta give it the best chance though.

2 Likes

Humans, what a fickle bunch! I think you will get a lot of hits on that one. Through a Futurama or Simpsons twist on your next one :joy:

1 Like

I’m thinking of putting this up, and one that “follows the script” that I might spend an hour making. Then see which one gets more hits. I have a suspicion they the generic digital with analog hands might do better. Hehe

2 Likes

Good luck, I will be watching the charts for you too.

2 Likes

That’s pretty spiffy! Nice job! :clap::clap::clap::clap:

I really like those weather icons & the outdoor window view! :+1:

1 Like

WOW, so that is what Isometric looks like. That is pretty cool, way to go.

1 Like

‘Elite’ - that brings back memories (and dates us) I had the BBC model B with a 10Mb Winchester hard disk. Elite was one of my favourites

1 Like

I did not know the BBC coud run a Hard drive. I know my Floppy was a Revelation. Spent so long loading sruff from Cassettes. :slightly_smiling_face::rofl:

How about software on ROM then? It was far ahead of its time!

1 Like

Some one lent me there Say it ROM. It worked with Phonems . I ran it at random, and listened in with Some Earphones. Abmitedly I had had a few Drinks but it was one of the scariest things I had ever listened to. It was like a massive room of loads of people Talking Loudly about Me and War . Only listened to it once. Like theTyping Monkeys thing.