My New Face won't Sync to my Watch

Hello.
I just created a simple watch face. It will not send to my samsung watch. It gets stuck and says waition for facer companion.
Please help

2 Likes

Before you try to sync the watchface, you need to select Facer as your watchface on your watch. This can be done with a long press on the watchface and switch to Facer or open the watch app on your phone and select Facer as your watchface. After that it should sync and not show you the “waiting on companion app” message. By the way, you have installed the companion app onto your watch, haven’t you? If not that has to be done first before anything else.

2 Likes

Looks like it is on your watch now . Well done with your Debut Face .

1 Like

Thanks, I dont see it on my watch. Its a simple pic of me and my grand childeren.

1 Like

Thats prob my issue, i dont see how to install the companion app on my watch. Ive tried, and that seems to be my hang up.
If i get it to work, ill join the premium, and make some crazy faces.

1 Like

OK @kam1 . Please accept my Apology . Your Profile shows that it is on your watch . There are a lot of changes going on . It does show us that the Face has got to the Server . Please tell me what face you have right now on your watch . Is it a Default Watch Face . Which watch do you have . Have you selected the correct watch in the Settings .
Your profile implies you have a GW5 . You need a little help with the dancing Barometer numerals and untick the Fixed width for your Compass text .
fixed width

@kam1 You subscribe to PRO to make some Crazy Faces . You can make pretty Crazy Faces without . While you are a Premium Subscriber you can Download / Sync any of the Facer Faces for free . However as my friend @mrantisocialguy mentions often you do not get to keep them forever unless you buy the faces individually .
I suspect your face is on your watch .

I have the facer clock on my phone rite now. The watch is a 46mm samsung aprox 5 years old.
If its easier, you may call 516-606-5115

1 Like

This is the watch face, and what i see while trying to sync.
Im still unable to see or figure out if companion is on my watch, i cant even find the playstore on my watch to install it

1 Like

A five year old Samsung will have Tizen as it’s operating system. You will need to go to the Galaxy Store on your phone and install the companion app from there. I would use the Galaxy Wearable app to search for it. You can also just use the Facer app in your phone and click the three line (Hamburger Menu) link at the top left and go to settings and find Facer Companion App and tap it to install the companion app to your watch.

3 Likes

See @kam1 the cavalry’s here . Follow what this gentleman has to say word by word and you will get sorted . I mostly sync my work from creator to my watch .

1 Like

I want to thank everyone for your help.
It was my error. I had to select the Tizen system.
Thank you all for helping

2 Likes

100% correct.
I changed to the Tizen, and everything works.
Thank you

2 Likes

Great . Keep coming Back and have a go at the Improvements I Flagged .

Welcome kam1!
Just a quick note: If you have the option to edit your post above, you may want to remove your phone number from a public community for privacy/security reasons.

7 Likes

I can never get a watch face to my watch from the computer. I have to do it from facer on my phone, then it goes to my watch. :slight_smile:

1 Like

When you send a face to your watch from your Laptop . You must have a good connection to the WiFi . But you would have that any way if you are Using Cretor.io .
It goes to the server in L.a. via Internet then comes back to your Phone and is then sent to your watch . Your watch is not connected to your Laptop .
. I make sure the display of my watch is on even if I am syncing from my Laptop .

1 Like

thank you Russell I appreciate it. Thanks for the help. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Facer does that on my end sometimes. I try to sync from my computer, but the phone app never shows that syncing is in progress. I have an internet webpage online with links to all of my watchfaces. I end up just opening that page on my cellphone and I have it set to open any facer.io weblink with the Facer phone app. I can then just click sync from there and it works. I had to do that yesterday, but this morning the computer was sending to the watch just fine. Like @russellcresser said, it has to go through the internet to one of Facer’s internet servers, then back to your phone and watch. There is no telling where in that chain the command and/or the response gets lost.

Oh, and by the way, I have had the opposite happen where the phone app could not sync a watchface, but the computer could… Go figure! :laughing:

2 Likes