Need help, digital minute rotate

I’m quite new and looking for help from the community. How to make digital minute digit rotate like an analog hand following the minutes position.

Hope my question is understandable. Thank you in advance!

2 Likes

Hi @feryagustoni77, I think maybe you mean to have the digital minute orbit the outside of the clock?

If so,
In the X coordinate:
((160+cos((#DWFSS#-90)*((pi)/180))110) )
Where 160 is the centre, and 110 is the diameter. Play with the numbers until it is what you want.
In the Y coordinate:
((177+sin((#DWFSS#-90)
((pi)/180))*110) )
Note it isn’t centred at 160 for the Y coordinate because the font has to be set a little lower.
Post here what you come up with, love to see!
Cheers!

2 Likes

Hi @bradtc, thank you so much and much appreciated for your feedback and help. Definitely i will try it since i’ve think about it a lot already :grin: and i’ll try to post it here.

have a great day ahead!

3 Likes

Welcome to the Community @feryagustoni77
Brad is a wizard at ding the Math for Faces on here (thanks @bradtc )
I had a Test Face saved for showing the Time as you’ve asked, and if you select the name Text For Hands Time it will open the Face for you where you can then select the little Rocket Icon Rocket-Inspection Icon to open up Inspection Mode and view it just the same as you would in the Creator. That way you’ll be able to see how I did the Hours and Minutes as rotating texts.

For the Hour I used -
Text = #Db#
X Position = (160+(100sin(rad(#DWFKS#))))
Y Position = (168-(100
cos(rad(#DWFKS#))))
For the Minutes I used -
Text = #Dm#
X Position = (160+(134sin(rad(#DWFMS#))))
Y Position = (168-(134
cos(rad(#DWFMS#))))

2 Likes

Hi @icrltd4
Thank you very much for your clear example, i inspected your example and it is exactly the move. Now i’m trying to adjust it with my concept design which using a big font…and thats a challenge …i found difficult to balance it in the orbit…beside my math is suck :frowning_face:

im using big font size 80 and it went out balance just like what @bradtc said

2 Likes

Hi @feryagustoni77 welcome to the community. @icrltd4 and @bradtc both are talent here.

Hi @nobel.mixed Thank you for the warm welcome
Yes i agree both of them are talent and really helpful.

Hello @feryagustoni77 i thought you are new. But you are designing since long back and i am a big fan of yours and following. All of your watch faces are very cool and always on TOP list. Its great to have you here and hope to learn a lot from you as well. Take care.

2 Likes

Yes, short story i actively created since January 2022 but im pretty sure that i need to learn a lot from the expert in the community in order to convert the idea, right :grin:

Well, i admire your creation as well and i like your creatives idea. Also i noticed your creation always in top 100 quite some times. Keep in touch @nobel.mixed

2 Likes

Change the second number to move position, but have same second number in both X and Y positions ok

1 Like

@icrltd4 thanks i’ll try the tips :pray:

1 Like

I just got on my laptop quickly and adjusted the Font size on my Test Face above, so if you check it out now you’ll see what I changed and how it looks, although I have to say that 80 is a very large Font size.

1 Like

Now my turn to check it out, thanks and really appreciated. Its 00:19 now in Bali

1 Like

You’re welcome, if I’ve got Time then I’m always always happy to help, but I’m still on a huge learning curve here myself, Brad knows the math much better than me. Oh, I just changed the Text for the Minutes to show the leading Zero as well: for instance, where #Dm# will show you the number 4, #DmZ# will show you 04.
I literally only came on the laptop to help with this issue :laughing:

@icrltd4 yes the changed made the large font size looks better in the radius - problem solved, thanks a lot for your help.

and i understand now if i use that large font, the minutes number itself gave you unproportionally looks in certain angles. for example the looks when its on 50’s minutes position compare when its on 11’s position, so thats made the “off balance” looks.

Thanks again @icrltd4 and @bradtc

1 Like

Glad to see you guys sorted it out. I’m on NA west coast so missed a bunch. Yeah, with a larger font, you’d need to increase the Y centre number and decrease the radius.

@feryagustoni77 , I see you’ve got a lot of good faces already. You’re doing great!

2 Likes

Cheers Gif 01

2 Likes

Thank you! much appreciated

2 Likes