New Face In The Works

Practicing my 3D skills. I am only using PC and Facer softwares rightnow. I am still a novice. I downloaded the free vr of GIMP but really got to figure out and learn about graphic design software.

I need to work on the shadowing. I need to cut/flip the shadow image in half a orientate properly. It should all show on the right side of the primary image.

4 Likes

Hey. Wow you are getting along. For me I would like to see the hands on the Top Layer. Some of the other Makers do the shadows in Facer. Using a duplicate of the Layer and off setting it a little. It is quite handy because you can adjust it to suit the face. Upper hands having more offset etc. You got some nice Highlighting from exactly the right Angle for me.

2 Likes

Love that “Thorny Hela Style Crown Like” image you’ve created there, nice job.
As @russellcresser said, I think the Hands would be better in the forefront, and changed to a similar style as your image as well, but that Seconds Hand actually works underneath the image in my opinion.
Your central image would look good with some kind of rotation on it as well I think.
Your Face though @scttwd so it’s whatever you’re happy with :grinning:
btw I only use the PC and Facer stuff to create my Faces, but I also use Paint 3D and Realworld Paint.

2 Likes

Still in the works. I shadow by duplicate layering which is ok but I want tje shadowing all along the right lower side of the image. It gives more of a realistic look the image. That’s how the light and image would cast it in reality.
Hands definitely still in the works.

1 Like

Don’t Know if these might be useful to you .

Thank. Definitely.

1 Like

coming along. Struggled with the hands. It always seems to be the hardest part. It’s looking better after a lot of changes. Maybe that’s why most people go with digital.

1 Like

No No . Stick to Analogue . If you want more Input a bit of shade and highlight on your hand pointers . Then please some sort of Battery Power Indicator. Some consider the Date as a Minimum . You have something Really Nice there . As you say not as popular as Digital . But I just Feel Analogue is where the Art is .

1 Like

Agree. If you ever visit my watch face page you’ll see I am an analog man.

1 Like

I pulled the trigger. It’s live.

2 Likes