New Facer here!

Hello everyone!

I`m a totally new Facer user, got a Ticwatch Pro 3 Ultra as a gift for my birthday, and with that I ended up here on Facer community. I would like to give it also a try on the watchface design, with the Creator, as I use CorelDraw and Photoshop quite a lot. I’m still not familyarized with the implementation of the external elements, but will try to catch it up.
My first question to the community would be, is there any filter or section where I can find watchfaces with the Inspection enabled?
As I don’t have to much of free time, I presume it would take time untill I finish my first watchface, but first I have to start. Thank you all and cheers.

Tamas

3 Likes

First, happy belated birthday, congratulations on your new watch and welcome to the Facer Community. Since you said you use CorelDraw and Photoshop you will have an advantage on making graphics for your faces. Facer downsizes all photos to a 320x320 form. I use nothing larger than 640x640 because anything that is much larger loses a lot of detail in the compression. As for the inspection being open almost all of mine have inspection open with the exception of copyright use agreements and faces that I “Redneck Engineered” so badly I’m ashamed to let anyone see how bad I did it. :laughing: You can find all my watch faces at Mr. Antisocial Guy Have fun and don’t be afraid to ask questions. Also, you can search for subject matter at the top of all the Community pages using the magnifying glass.

5 Likes

Thank you for your reply @mrantisocialguy, and also for your highlight about the compression issue, because my thoughts were already at higher resolutions. Do you use the Creator Pro or just the basic one? Does it worth to go with the Pro?

2 Likes

Also on the main Creator page, the Community link at top-right will list all faces with inspection enabled.

3 Likes

Wow @kourosh thank you for the great tip! The funny part is, I saw and were there during my navigation before, but din’t caught my attention. Shame on me :slight_smile: !

3 Likes

Hi, and welcome to the community. Lots of helpful people here and lots to learn. My faces that are open for inspection can be found here.

3 Likes

It’s been less than a week that I discovered it myself :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

3 Likes

Thank you a lot @tom.vannes!
@kourosh it’s never to late :smiley:

3 Likes

Hi, welcome!

My watch faces are also all open for inspection: Phoenix - watch faces for Apple Watch, Samsung Gear S3, Huawei Watch, and more - Facer

3 Likes

Thank you @ThaMattie, good to know that many Facers are open for inspections!

2 Likes

Welcome @tamasvargyasi I will also invite you to Inspect the Faces I have made . You are ahead of the game if you have some graphics skills . I must say I find the Watchers on the Community Category a bit lame and samey . I am into the gadget end of things but they are actually not that popular , but for me it is not s Popularity Contest . Enjoy .

1 Like

Hey @russellcresser, thank you a lot for the welcoming, and to point towards your watch faces to inspect.
See you around, cheers!

2 Likes

Right now, I’m using Creator Pro, but the first 3 years I was here I just used the free version. If you want to make any faces with anything interactive, you will have to go Pro. If you don’t have any interest in making premium feature faces, then the free basic version is what you want. I thought I would try Pro for a year and see how I like it. It’s fun but it also doubles the amount of work you need to do for the watch faces. The watch faces themselves, at least in my experience so far, only get around 10% of the syncs that their free versions receive. Where it shines is I can make my own interactive faces to use and can keep using them even after I go back to free, I just won’t be able to change anything in them.

3 Likes

Fair enough explanation @mrantisocialguy, thank you a lot. Therefore I’ll go with the basic one. Also have to see how do I get with the Creator at all.

3 Likes

Welcome to the greatest Smartwatch Face Creating Community that there is @tamasvargyasi :wave:
My graphical skills are prehistoric but I get by on here in other ways quite nicely with the Free version of the Creator. Lots of people like to help here too, which is awesome.
As others have said, my Faces are usually Inspectable, and I’m the crazy one who likes animations :smile:
Have fun creating :clown_face:

1 Like

Thank you @icrltd4, will inspect your faces for the animations. You made me curious. Cheers.

2 Likes

Hello everyone,

Trying to get used to the Facer elements, in the small amount of my spare time.
Starting to get the essentials and the ideas, but need a lot of practice.

2 Likes

Both are good. Nice AOD.

1 Like

Thank you Russell, I thought this approach is better to use the prebuilt elements rather to start to make my own ones. There is still many to learn, but this one is a good lesson. I also managed to inspect a few interesting faces during this weekend which gave me a lot of useful hints.

1 Like

Check out the Resources that have been gifted to the Community in that Catergory. When I find it I will post a link to a collection of Faces that have been made with Facer Basic Elements. As you have seen already you can be quite creative in that Sand Box.

1 Like